SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theweelander

What kind of cabinet pulls should I get?

theweelander
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

kitchen · More Info

I am having my 1967 kitchen cabinets painted white as part of a small project and want to replace what's there with silver hardware. I hate the cabinet doors, have no real "style," and don't want to spend a lot of money (I have a gift card to Lowe's to burn). The doors are grooved and have faux "peg" circles. I'm hoping to redo the kitchen in another 10 years and don't want to spend a lot on new cabinet doors. The original hardware is in the picture; the cabinets were originally very dark brown. There is the typical scalloped wooden piece above the sink that my husband thinks is fine (i.e., not broken), so I can't just pretend I have a modern kitchen and ignore the grooves. :)
My husband hangs rubber bands and things on the current cabinet pulls which makes a mess, so I want something without tips. Would a simple "C" shape pull work? Does it need to have some kind of twist or something? The painter can fill in the holes and redrill if I want to go with a different size pull. Pulls are supposed to be more user friendly than knobs in the long run, and one can still hang rubber bands on knobs so I'm opting for pulls. There is no hardware on the drawer fronts (would prevent some drawers from opening), only on the cabinet doors.
Yes, this is a basic question, but I've never done even this level of remodeling and feel completely out of my depth! Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus