SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying

Thinning Skin, Injections, and other 'beauty' topics

OutsidePlaying
8 years ago

I never bruised easily in my life. However now that I am officially 'old' at 67, the skin on the backs of my hands and sometimes my arms will bruise fairly easily. Just bumping into a doorknob, carrying a heavy strap on my arm, working outdoors (which I do a lot in my gardens), will cause an ugly reddish-purple bruise. I recently bought this stuff called DerMend which is a lotion containing ceramides, arnica, & retinol and is supposed to help after the bruises occur. But is there a product out there that will help prevent the bruising? I am using the DerMend twice a day and the backs of my hands do look better & a little less wrinkly.

About injections - I know we've talked extensively about them, and several of us recently have had injections, including myself (Botox and Juvederm). About 3 weeks ago I had my first Voluma treatment in my cheek area. Oh, Em, Gee! I'm definitely impressed with this stuff! I had a refresh of Botox and Juvederm around the first of January and my Doc talked to me about Voluma then and how it could be a mini-lift for my sagging cheek area. I scheduled an appointment and read all the literature about it and decided it really sounded great. One difference with Voluma is you see immediate results rather than with Juvederm, which takes a couple of weeks to see optimum results (although you do see a difference right away). I had a little bruise below one eye but nowhere else. Again, I bruise easily these days, so wasn't surprised by this. Some do, some don't. Full disclosure here, there was a little tenderness in the cheek area for a few days, but nothing that stopped me from doing anything, including running a half marathon on the Saturday following the treatment on Wednesday. (Doc said it was fine or I would have rescheduled the appointment.)

Last topic, and this one is kinda weird. Deodorant. I absolutely love Mitchum unscented Smart Solid Clinical Performance except for one thing. It breaks off about 1/3 to halfway down. I keep trying to use it but this senseless crumbling drives me crazy. I've written to the company, hoping they will take action. Zip. I've taken it back to the store (CVS) and they graciously let me exchange it, but I know they probably think I'm crazy doing this 4-5 times now. So does anyone have a comparable product they can recommend? I am a runner and need something strong, unscented, that doesn't leave that white residue on my clothes. Not a fan of sticky gels that have to air dry. Not asking much, right?

Comments (58)