SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
ginny12first

Outlook problem--sudden

ginny12
6 years ago

I've used Outlook for email for years and like it. Never a problem. Comcast is the ISP. The last two weeks, contacts with Verizon.net addresses are not getting emails from me or others on Comcast.

I called Comcast and they said it was the first they heard of it. They said it might be a Microsoft problem. Anyone heard of this or have any ideas? Thanks. PS--My name was formerly Ginny12 but had to change it here.

Comments (10)

• azinoh
    6 years ago

Do the emails you send get bounced back to you as undeliverable?

Has the problem occurred with the same Verizon.net address multiple times? Or does it occur with all Verizon.net addresses all the time?

Are you sending large attachments or images with these messages? If yes, it may be that the recipient's mail account has a limit to the size of the attachment in each message. Or it may be that new attachments cannot be received until the old ones get deleted from the Verizon mail server.

Do you have a secondary email address (e.g. Gmail)? If yes, you could use it to see if the same problem occurs.

• ginny12
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The emails I send from Outlook via comcast.net do not get bounced back. They just disappear. However, I went to Comcast's website and sent an email via the website and that went thru to a Verizon.net address. Yesterday was the first time I tried this. Very cumbersome and not a realistic solution long-term.

Failure occurs with all Verizon.net emails all the time when using Outlook.

I can receive Verizon.net emails on Outlook. But my replies fail.

I have tried sending emails from my Yahoo account to Verizon.net addresses and that seems to work most of the time. I don't have gmail.

I have not been sending attachments, large or small, on these failed Verizon.net emails.

Thanks for your reply and any help.

• anne_ct
    6 years ago

Verizon employees are on strike., Ginny. I don't know whether that might be the problem but it's worth considering. They're not a happy group at the moment.

You don't mention which version of Outlook you have but the other suggestion I would put forth is to make sure you have all the current Office updates. I, too, use Outlook [2010] and have had none of the problems you're experiencing although I don't converse much with Verizon addressees.

• ginny12
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks, Anne. I know about the strike but this started several weeks ago.

I have Outlook 2010 and all updates are automatically installed. I checked to see if any had failed but none had.

• anne_ct
    6 years ago

Sorry I wasn't much help, Ginny, but I just now did some searching and found that you're not the only one with the problem. There were no corrective measures that I could find but all complaints pointed the finger at Verizon...and not at MS. I rather suspect that to be an accurate appraisal of the situation. Apparently, there often are problems with Verizon mail and posted complaints go back several years. Of course...this info doesn't help much but sometimes misery does respond agreeably company. :-(

• maggie200
    6 years ago

Are you using imap or Pop3 in your account settings. A recent hellapaloo caused hundreds of people who use Outlook to change out of imap after much searching for answers that MS did not have. If you go to file in the left hand corner then account and account settings it will tell you if it is a combination of Pop3/smpt. imap should not be there. These are the settings for send and receive. If you get that much then come back for more. Also, I have had incoming mail end up in other files such as Junk and also subfiles located in junk in the upper right hand corner To know this much should give you enough clout to talk to MS. I have MS 365, Outlook 16. What do you have? Tell them you need to go thru the port settings with them. Good luck.

• ginny12
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I did as you said and I have Pop3/smpt. No imap. I don't have MS365 and I have Outlook 10. I have no other problems other than Verizon people not receiving my emails. They can email me however. Nothing is going to the junk folder that shouldn't be there.

• maggie200
    6 years ago

I'm so sorry. I would still talk with MS at 1-800-642-7676. Sometimes you will get lucky. It's tiring, I know. If you find out the reason, please write back.

• ginny12
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Will do. Thank you for the ideas and the phone number.

• maggie200
    6 years ago

They can take over your computer and check around for settings that are out of order.