SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden_lover_garden_lover

Tomato branches droopy and burnt looking edges of leaves

Garden Lover
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello again, all!

Well, I planted my tomato plants outside and they don't seem to be faring too well. It is very early for planting here (zone 6-7) but I was running out of room under my lamp and I had the *genius* idea of 'just planting em outside' (it'll be fine, right?) :/

So, since last week, my plants have undergone a fair amount of stress (cold temps, transplant shock etc) and now i'm wondering if they have some sort of underlying disease.
The variety is an heirloom cherry variety (not sure which one exactly) but i've noticed that the branches are getting droopy and there is some leaf curl/burn on many/all of them.
I'm worried about them having a soil borne disease as I suspect that the other variety I started along with these seeds all died (branches just kept falling off/poor root development)...so I tossed those.

This is my first year starting from seed and using grow lights, and it has been challenging to say the least.
I'm doubly/triply worried because with the new seeds I started a few weeks ago, they are using the same soil as the others, so now I don't want to grow more sick plants (if that is what is going on with these plants, after all). I attached some pics of the plants and I would appreciate some input/ideas as to what may be going on with them.

Also, should I just chalk this all up to experience and just ditch my new seedlings?
I don't want to go to all of this trouble growing/planting just to have all of them end up dying.
So discouraged/angry with myself right now.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County