Houzz Logo Print
billieparrott

Question about using basic soap recipe

10 years ago

I made two batches for Basic Soap One from a soap making book, which then gives several recipes on using the basic soap to make other soaps. The basic soap was made up of olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil, lye and distilled water. Now that I'm looking at the recipes that call for this basic soap I'm not finding any that I really love.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can use this base once I grate it? Is it a very basic thing that can be used for most recipes that call for those oils? I would prefer ingredients that are not too hard to find or order online. Nothing super exotic.
Thanks, Billie

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths