SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frandaman

Closet Door vs Closet Organizer

frandaman
8 years ago

Doing a mostly DIY bedroom renovation. Had planned on bypass doors on the closet. Opening is ~ 58" and was ready to install a pair of 30" doors with appropriate overlap. Fortunately (or not) our closet organizer arrived just prior to installing the doors. In hopes of making installation easier I opted to assemble the organizer and realized that A) I wouldn't be able to open the drawers if I left it centered in the space and B) if I shifted it left or right enough to utilize the drawers I'd have about 8" of essentially dead space I couldn't get to. So, I'm trying to come up with either a multi pass door option that opens from either direction allowing access to either side of the drawer unit (utilizing narrower doors) or a bypass that is mounted outside the space like a barn door.

The multi pass seems best suited but I can't tell if the ones I've found have a stationary element and open and collapse from there. That wouldn't work. There are many flavors of external mounts but I haven't come across a version that would work.

I'd love to say money is no object but of course it is.

Suggestions?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations