SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bradleyd_svh

How often should I water my Peace Lily & what else can I do for it?

bradleyd_svh
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I hear there is a delicate balancing act for watering Peace Lilies, and I want to get it right. I just got mine and repotted it to a larger pot with Miracle Grow Moisture Advantage soil, which is what it was in originally. It is a north-facing window alcove because I have read that it is a "low-light" plant.

If drainage is key to the aforementioned "delicate balancing act for watering," then I have some reason to be confident, as I have the pot set up on bricks in an un-used cat litter box. In other words, I have good drainage and easy access to removing the drain water. So my questions are:

1. How often should I water?

2. What else can I do for this plant? I read someplace that liquid fertilizer once a month is good too. Yay or nay on that?

For what it is worth, I have a ZZ Plant in another window alcove (also facing north) just a few feet away. My success with the ZZ is what encouraged me to get the Peace Lily. The ZZ got so big that it's latest "pot" is a 39-inch pond liner (with holes drilled in bottom), where it thrives. First photo is my new plant. Second photo shows both. As you might have guessed, the colorful banner in between is a gift from friends in Scotland.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?