SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nummykitchen

Hello from Michigan!

nummykitchen
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello, Gardenweb rose friends! It's been a long winter and I am ready for some rose gardening! This winter was warmer than usual so hopefully I will have less losses. Looks like only a couple that are questionable at this point.

Some of my taller roses and climbers have little red leaf budlets popping out much higher than usual. I usually have mostly to-ground winter die back and this year some have new growth appearing higher up than I am tall (I am 5'3)! This is very exciting for me! Some of my taller ones with little to no die back are Broceliande, Raspberry Cream Twirl Cl, Polka Cl, Dick Clark, Purple Splash and Fourth of July!

I have some on order from J&P, Rosemania, & Edmunds. And I have been a very naughty girl and went a little crazy with the body bags and peat pots. I just can't resist giving a new rose a try, I especially love when I see ones I've never heard of before and then I pull up HMF on my phone right there in the store and check out the photos (Beth, I think you have every rose I checked out LOL!). A few of the body bags that were new to me names are Parkay (Benson & Hedges Special), Poinsettia, Today, Pinnacle, Dawning Moment, Texas Yellow, etc. I also bought a few body bags that were roses I had tried throughout the past years but had not survived -- JFK, Tiffany, New Day, Touch of Class, Moonlight Magic, and Monumental. Not sure where I'm going to plant them all, and surely I will give some away to friends and family.

And just for fun here is one of my favorite photos from June 2015, Angel Face.

Hope everyone is well, can't wait to catch up and see what is bloomin!

Andrea :)

Comments (21)