SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forshoppingonline

I need photos of your stained rift sawn white oak cabinets! Please? :)

Pink Poppy
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

If anyone would be so kind as to share your photos of stained rift sawn white oak, I'd be so appreciative! I'd like to gather a collection of photos to show my cabinet maker - photos would help me describe what I want far better than describing with words.

As discussed on my other thread, I'm not totally happy with the door sample I got from my cabinet maker (see photos below). I really like the colour of the stain but I don't like how opaque it is because it totally masks all the figure of the wood (the medullary ray flecks and natural shimmer of the wood) and I hate how the stain darkened the grain so dramatically. I do like to see the grain, but not with so much contrast to the surrounding wood.

This is more what I'm looking for, but it has a mix of quarter sawn oak and rift sawn oak:

This was the best photo I could find. All the other photos I found were blurry, didn't have enough resolution to show the detail of the wood, or were of QS vs RS oak. QS oak is very popular but it's terribly difficult to find photos of RS white oak. Please help!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths