SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grasswhisperer

Springtime Tenacity - when exactly?

grasswhisperer
8 years ago

To refresh - we're in Eastern Mass, have KBG/P Rye/Fescue mix with bentgrass patches throughout. Also some patches of what I think is Orchardgrass.

Planning to apply Tenacity (which I know is very effective on bent, and marginal on Orchard..)

Question is: when exactly? Yes we've covered that it can be used pretty much anytime - but I'm assuming more effective when grass is actively growing? Which - we seem to be just entering that time. Point is - I'm eager to get it down to start killing, but don't want to waste it if it's too early. The grass is definitely awake now - but not necessarily thriving yet (Mother Nature is all over the place this year - 50 today but was only in 30s yesterday and 13 two nights ago.

And - I'm thinking the answer to my other question might be obvious - but other than wasting the precious Tenacity, is there a reason why I wouldn't spray the whole yard with it? In a tank sprayer, but I mean try to hit everywhere. I can identify so many patches that it's hard to tell where one patch ends and the desirable grass begins...

Thanks much -

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!