SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Visited appliance dealers, wanted to validate some information

homey_bird
8 years ago

Hi,

I am embarking on a large project and as a result, we will completely overhaul our current kitchen. We will upgrade all appliances and therefore I am visiting appliance dealers here in the SF Bay Area.

Some information that was shared by sales people at the stores (and I wish to validate it, because a lot of it sounded like information to steer me towards a particular brand):

- Even though appliance sizes are standard, you may need to change the location of your gas lines and power outlets to switch from one (lower end?) brand to another (higher end) brand.

- For all standard sized ovens, cut outs in the cabinetry are different sizes, thus making it necessary to partially remodel the kitchen

- All brands make refrigerators of different sizes therefore swapping a refrigerator is especially hard because it might compromise the look of "well integrated" or "built in" appliances.

If this is 100% true, then my plan of getting mid range appliances now and upgrading to top end later is at risk. Can the knowledgeable folks here clarify if this is true?

If this is not true, any useful information or pointers to share, so I can make a more budget friendly decision to me?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (13)