SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_littlerock_ar

Opinion needed, please, for butterfly enclosure

Mary Leek
8 years ago

These used units are offered locally and I would like to ask if you think one would make a good butterfly enclosure to use on my deck to raise butterfly cats?

My thought was to cut out windows in each side and place proper netting over the openings and door for good air flow and protection from predators, then place something on top for a weatherproof roof that would extend out for rain protection and shade. These have been painted with a safe paint sealant that can be disinfected easily as they were built for and used in a veterinary clinic. I thought to set it on a base and use it on my deck, set back under the eave. The area gets very early morning sun, then dappled shade and finally, shade from the house wall as the sun moves to the west.

Do you think, with proper air flow, that it would work well for the cats? They seem to do better when they have the natural humidity and warmth of the outdoors, rather than inside in my net rearing cages. If I try to use the net rearing cages outdoors, I don't have weather protection as my deck is open.

I value everyone's experience so thought I'd ask for opinions before deciding. What do you guys think? ... Mary

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus