SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
platypuspup

Crazing in a Shaws Farmhouse Sink

platypuspup
8 years ago

So, I read about the problem with crazing in Shaws sinks, but you never think it will be you!

A bit over a week ago my husband finished a load of dishes and I noticed cracks spider webbing all over the bottom of the sink. Notified the supplier, who notified the local rep, and we were given the apparently formulaic response of "this is a rare known issue, you can use the warrantee to get a replacement sink." As people have pointed out when this has come up before though, there was no offer to help with installing the new sink and no guarantee it will even fit in the space provided.
So, I see it as there being 3 options:

1. Do nothing. The crazing is "just aesthetic" as the rep says. Not like we payed waaaaaay more than we should have for a sink that is sold on it's aesthetic value. This option makes me rather nauseous, but may be the only reasonable one :(

2. Get a replacement sink and pay the $2k or so out of pocket to install it. I don't like this option because after some honesty issues being called out on the contractor we are about 2 weeks since we last saw any work on the punch list. Do not want to start a new project with him.

3. Get a replacement sink. But with no coverage to install it, make a stupidly expensive planter out of it for the garden.

I would love if anyone had a 4th option that doesn't suck so much! Ideas?

Comments (42)