SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
illonam

Need help getting my Fiddle Leaf Fig to Thrive

Illona McArthur
8 years ago

I live in Melbourne, Australia and have fiddle leaf fig that continues to struggle. It has consistently lost leaves over the 12 months that I have had it. I have attached a photo when I first got it and what it looks like now. About 6 months ago I decided it was too over-watered so I took it out of the pot and dried it right out (took 6 weeks) I repotted in premium soil and the rate of leaf drop has slowed right down but it is still not thriving. It has great drainage and is now sitting in a spot closer to a window. I water it with around one litre of water every three weeks and fertiIise every month with Charlie's Carp (similar to seasol). The little branch at the bottom is a few months old but there isn't any signs of further new growth. Every time I feel like it is doing OK a big leaf turns brown and falls off. You can see in the second photo that there are two leaves slowly browning from the end. I see other pictures on this forum of recovering figs with little bright green new growth which mine and I keep searching mine hoping to see a spout but there is nothing. Would love your expert advice on whether I should continue to watch and hope or get a bit more pro-active and chop off some branches to encourage growth or something/ anything else? I feel like this once beautiful plant is dying a slow death.

Comment

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus