SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellie_rk

Backsplash and Range Knob Help.

Ellie RK
8 years ago

Sorry in advance for the long post.

Almost done with a kitchen reno and having a huge problem deciding on backsplash and range knobs. Kitchen is asbout 263 sq ft. Not big, but larger than it looks in the pic.

Went for very clean look but think maybe I overdid it. It now lacks any character.

Cabinets (no wall cabinets) are a high gloss white, countertops will be Cambria Brittainica. This isn't my primary residence so I don't need the wall cabinets.

My island is 7'x4' (with 12" overhang on all sides) in maple with a greige stain called appaloosa with a Cambria Ella countertop.

Floors are porcelain wood planks in a color called Salvage Musk.

Appliances are all stainless steel. My range is a Blue Star Platinum (only thing I splurged on) and I initially went with the default steel knobs it comes with. But I want to change them out for colored knobs as the kitchen is really going to be boring without any color. just not sure what color. Any thoughts?

The only thing that stands out right now is the chandelier I went with as opposed to pendants. Very modern, but I absolutely love it. It's going over the island (49.5" long.)

Now for the backsplash. I'm worried something with too much pattern will look terrible with the floors, but subway tiles are very boring to me. Any ideas? I'm completely stumped.

SAMPLE PICS · More Info

SAMPLE PICS · More Info

SAMPLE PICS · More Info

SAMPLE PICS · More Info

SAMPLE PICS · More Info

Comments (7)