SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
groworganicfood

Help!! My Avocado Trees are Dying

groworganicfood
8 years ago

I planted two young avocado trees somewhere this January, they are about 1-2 years old tree. One variety is Carmen Hass, and the other one is Gem.

Initially, the Carmen tree lost nearly all its leaves due to lacking of water (was told this by the nursery), so I replaced the irrigation system from dripping to sprinkler and irrigate the tree regularly. I made sure the soil is moist all the time and mulched the tree as well. During recent month, tree shows new growth but rather slow. I see some of the tips of new leaves turning brown/yellow. Some new leaves and flower buds are turning yellow too. It shouldn’t be lacking of water this time, because I’ve been checking the soil daily and making sure the soil retains its moisture. Recently, the tree is in critical condition. Many branches are dying back, and the newly formed flower buds are drying up. The new leaves start to have brown tips too.

The gem tree is slightly better than the Carmen, but it starts to get similar problem.

I've been doing research online and tried my best to provide these trees with as much care as possible, however, they look like dying. I'm very devastated about the situation. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with the trees? I hope that I can save them if possible. Thank you in advance.

Comments (6)