SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Lamp(s) Lust satisfied via eBay and Craigslist - I'm in love

My3dogs ME zone 5A
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Joann and cliff's post on lamps made me want to share my recent bargains with you. I have a 'thing' for lamps, vintage or antique, if possible. After buying these below, I have looked for hours online and not been able to find others like them. I like lamps that aren't seen everywhere

I was looking for a pair of lighter colored spring/summer lamps for my living room early this month, and found this auction on eBay, which this photo is taken from.

I research everything I buy and for Heyward House lamps, found this in an online furniture post where someone was asking if she should save her 15 year old HH lamps - "Heyward House is one of those quiet companies that you don't
hear much about, but year after year they keep putting out
beautiful, high quality products. If you shop around for lamps and
compare the detail, the color, the consistency of the design I think
you will find that Heyward House stands out as being exemplary in
each category. So yes, I would definitely keep the Heyward House
lamps." I paid $100.00 for the pair.

A friend in Boston who has gorgeous antiques and studies them well said that the design on them is the "Fungus (Sacred - lingzhi) - immortality and longevity". I have ordered shades for them and can't wait til they arrive.
After having these arrive, in the best packaging I have EVER seen, I was still looking for lamps, just because I like to see what's out there. Sigh....I saw these beauties, thought of my pending tax refunds, and won them. Thinking of what I'd pay for a newly made lamp, I think winning this pair for $167.50 was a bargain. Ebay auction photo -
In my living room, where below the chair rail, the walls are BM Andes Summit -
Last, but the biggest bargain of all. I work (and play) long hours in my home office and wanted a desk lamp that I could have illuminate my keyboards at night. Looked at Craigslist Wednesday PM, and saw this beauty for only $20.00, but it was an hour and a half away, and we had storms coming. CL pic below. I emailed the seller, who (what are the chances?) was coming to my area the very next day to pick his wife up from a plane trip, and offered to meet me at a spot less than 4 miles from my house! We met, the lamp was incredible, solid brass and weighs 15 lbs, so I know it won't tip over on my PC armoire no matter how I angle it! I gave him the $20 and a bag of Lindt truffles that he was thrilled with, and he handed me the lamp from where it was safely strapped in a baby seat in his car. It was his first time using CL, and he said he likes it!

In my office on the PC armoire. Everything about it says quality, and where those 3 'balls' (about 1.5" across) are are places where the angle can be adjusted. I have ordered an Edison style LED bulb from Amazon for it. The black at bottom is part of the cast iron base under the brass, which gives it 'feet'. It's been re-wired with heavy gauge wire (14 feet!) and an in-line cord switch, in addition to the turn switch in the socket. HAPPY DANCE!

Comments (39)