SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anoop91

simple low maintenance backyard ideas

anoop
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a new home and I'm trying to decide what to do for the backyard. Yard is probably 50 ft wide and 30 ft deep. There's an elevation to the back.

About the only thing I would care for would be a lap pool, but the drawbacks to that are cost of building, cost of maintenance, and maybe it won't be big enough to be useful/enjoyable. Really this is a fantasy because I don't think I will want to spend what it takes at this time. Also, I'd want the pool to be heated and covered so it can be used year round.

The more realistic option I'm toying with is putting pavers throughout. I see this as zero maintenance both from a time and water usage standpoint, and maybe some cedars along the back fence where there's an elevation (for privacy and some green). Would doing something like this be too spartan? Are there any disadvantages to pavers? I prefer pavers over concrete because I can change portions of it in the future with minimal effort (as opposed to what it would take if I were to put in concrete).

Any other ideas?

Comments (3)