SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fabulatrice

IKEA kitchen planner questions

fabulatrice
8 years ago

For those of you who can actually get this to work....

1) How do I set it up for a room that does not quite fit any of the preset room shapes? I tried adding "obstacles" for the additional walls but they don't work well and also block my vision when I am trying to see the kitchen.

2) It keeps giving me warnings that cabinets are overlapping each other, that there is not enough room around the range, etc., even though it auto-placed the items itself (that is, the item snapped to the position next to the wall or other item). I am not getting any feedback from it about exactly where to place the items. I just move them over and over by trial and error until it stops giving me the error. I must be doing something wrong? It can't be normal for it to consistently auto-place items in locations that give errors?

Finally this is not a question but.... The lag is terrible to the point where it is almost impossible to use it at all, and generally I just hate it. I am using a newish Macbook and I have tried it in both Safari and Chrome and it is horribly laggy and glitchy in both. :-(

Comments (5)