SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawiz

Need Advice - Tall outdoor privacy plants for shaded area

Da Woz
8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a peculiar problem where my neighbor likes to keep their trash bins hidden behind a bush but it is facing my main entrance / door (the stairs in the lower right corner lead to my front door).

I don't know why they wouldn't want to keep it inside the fence like everybody else and don't know them well enough as they like to keep to themselves.

I would like to plant something (even potted plants are fine) to hide this from my view every time we enter our home. I am hoping to get some suggestions on something that I can put there fairly easily (3-6 feet tall ideally, nothing too tall either). The area is mostly shaded but does get a little bit afternoon Sun for about 1hr and there isn't much room to dig up and plant anything big.

I am trying to avoid putting a trellis and growing a vine on it due to the maintenance required with that so something simple and nice would be great to have here. Our land is all the mulched area in the pic so I could plant anything there next to the bins area. I also don't have too much room next to that area that's why I need tall slender plants preferably.

I am in Zone 9b. Any advice regarding which plants to look at is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored