SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueiris3

2016 Springbank - London, ON - plant swap, part one

blueiris3
8 years ago

Hello all!

Tulip - I'm up for the swap if you are! Hope lots of others chime in!

If I could make a suggestion: I think we should start a new thread every 130 posts or so. last year was a bit of a nightmare to scroll through... Let me know what you think would be a reasonable cut off number. We don't want it too small, as folks will re-post their trade lists, but nowhere near the 1,470+ messages of last year.

It's frigid again today, but I've got lungwort and periwinkle in bloom already, along with bulb iris, crocuses, and the tail end of snowdrops and winter aconytes. I plan to WS a few things this weekend, and maybe start some slowpokes under lights indoors, too.

Cheers,

BlueIris3

Comments (176)

• flowergirl_on
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Ross, I would like a 1 small rooted white Mandevilla cutting for Vista Gladiolus if possible, please.

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

Heather: Thank you for the trade of Tradescantia and hopefully Pasque flower. I will put aside a Painted Fern and Tithonia for you. Ross

Merja: Thanks for the Gladiolus trade. The white Mandevilla is set aside for you. Ross.

Everyone:I am adding Bears Breeches and very small Palace Purple Heucheras to my list.

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Springbank Park, London, On, Plant Exchange 2012

Q

Comments (165)
    Hi everyone , Well this is turning out to be a can of worms. Not at all what I intended. But then worms are good for the garden. I wrote to Blueiris because I was concerned that the saturday dates for the swap that I suggested were not good for a number of participants(Lilacislove, Gardeng8 who travels so far to come and Luckynes) and Sunday dates are not good for me so I asked her if she would choose a date so that I could know if I could attend . If it turned out to be a Sunday , so be it . It just makes more sense for me to bow out so that three others can attend. I dont have a problem with that . It just means that I may have to pass on the swaps I have arranged as I dont know when/where I could get your plants to you. If we can work out something that's great otherwise I have to cancel the swaps I have made with you all . Blueiris has very kindly offered to pick up and take but it is so far out of her way that I just dont feel right doing that and if past experience has proven anything , I am working on swaps right up to and including the last minute of the day of the swap . I just want to say that I appreciate all the garden plants I have traded all of you in the past.They for the most part are growing merrily along and increasing as I write. I now am working on garden number 40. Who do I blame ? The fault belongs to all of you LOL! This has grown to be quite the event since I started it all some years ago . So when you choose a date please choose what really works for you all . If you think we can still work out swapping outside of this swap let me know . I was ssssssooooo close to having a dark purple lilac !!!!!!! I will check in some time later to see what everyone has decided on , in the meantime I am all about making a Ladybug cake for 30 people for my neice's first birthday right now . Ladybug , Ladybug fly away home ....UGH!!!really this is a horrible nursery rhyme! Signet
    ...See More

have: 3rd annual plant swap **london,sarnia,woodstk** part 3

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi Laine2 Welcome to the very busy swap page! Looking forward to meeting you .I have some monarda that I can share ...and might have one small fan of a mini white iris that you can have ( no trade necessary for this one) I am always up for daylilies so I would be interested in one or 2 and your ground cover anemone sounds very interesting . What would you like from my list in trade other than the monarda ? Here is my list: TRADELIST UPDATE PERENNIALS _______________ Ladybells - adenophora Violets - purple Violets - White with purple Violets - yellow Violet " Freckles" Forgetmenots Lungwort ( 2 different varieties) Evening Primrose Yarrow - white Obedience plant (pink) sedum - Autumn Joy , Frosty morn , acre , bull's blood Rose Campion Feverfew double Rudibeckia Lancifolia Heliopsis Creeping buttercup Vinca - 2 different colors Plume Poppy Chinese lanterns Lily of the valley Lamium White Nancy Echinacea ( Art's Pride -from seed but dont know if it will come true) Brugmansia Hosta ( various) Poppy - red perennial Dame's Rocket Lemon Balm Hops Herb Robert Centaurea Montana Commelina Veronica Touch me nots Lamium maculatum 'Chequers'(pink flower) Anthemis tinctoria Shasta Daisy Lemon Balm Small lilac bushes Ajuga - 2 different varieties Creeping Jenny (lemonlime color) Echinacea doppleganger- couple of small pots Japanese Knotweed Pink Crosswort ( ground cover very pretty) Peppermint Centaurea Dealbata ( pink) One small rooted Wegeila plant (Bristol Ruby I believe - cant remember - getting old! ) Ribbon Grass 1 pot of Giant Reed grass ( this one grows big - 6ft tall + Pussywillows ( potting up rooted cuttings today) IRIS ________ Light Mauve Tall bearded Purple and yellow tall bearded Iris Pseudocorus CANNA ___________ Only one type survived the winter BURGUNDY LEAVES RED BLOOMS BULBS ____________ Snowdrops Poet's Original Narcissus Allium Purple Sensation Grape Hyacinth Star of Bethlehem Fruit ________ Strawberry Currant Thornless Blackberry Daylilies __________ Autumn Red Siloam Uri Winniford Frans Hal Sammy Russell Summer Wine Lemon Lily Grasses ------------ Ribbon Grass Giant Reed grass ( 1 pot) have 3 single fans of a mini white iris ( so three people can get a chance to grab one ) I have 3 single fans of a mini yellow iris (so three people can get a chance to grab one ) I have 3 single fans of a mini rusty pinky color iris ( so three people can get a chance to grab one) single division of an unusual burgundy euphorbia single division of a lemon lime euphorbia 3 small divisions of Elephant grass Good to hear from you ! Signet
    ...See More

wanted: wanted: part 4,springbank park, london on plant 2012

Q

Comments (1)
    do you still have the chinese lantern?? will trade for clamatis, i have quite a few
    ...See More

wanted: PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Q

Comments (98)
    I have sad news about the Russian sage--I waited until tonight to dig them. They were each several inches away from the mother plant so I thought that they were seedlings. When I dug them they came out and it looked like they were actually sent out from the main plant. the one really had no roots and the other one had a few hairy type roots. I potted it up and it will probably get some good roots in a few weeks, but right now it looks really sad and droopy. I wouldn't feel good about trading it, so Signet, your Minnie Klopping hosta and Bev, your achillea cassis will have to either stay home or you can look to see if there is anything else that you would take for them. Please let me know if you see anything. I am sorry about this! :( gg
    ...See More
  • flowergirl_on
    7 years ago

Ross, Thank you for the Mandevilla...Gladiolus Vista is marked down for you.

Lois, is there anything on my list you would like for an eddoe plant?

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Hi All - I'm new, just got clued into this group from Tulip Hardy. Would love to participate in the plant swap! Is this a physical swap where we all show up someplace with divisions in pots, or is is that people post what they have up for grabs and others respond, or both? For the people who have already posted - if it's not listed 'no trade needed', what should be offered in trade (does it have to be something from the 'I'd like to have' list?), Thanks for getting me up to speed!

• Tulip
    7 years ago

Welcome on board! I guess you do need extra time to study all previous postings first. Take your time and feel free to ask at any point.

I should told you more about our group before draw you in...Yes, it is a physical swap in Springbank every year which is where the group name comes from. For this year, we are voting for June 11th to getting together for a lunch and gardening talking and swapping.

In general, trading list means one trade in and one trade out. Pick stuffs from someone's list and prepare for the similar amount of return stuffs if possible. But our lovely and kindness members are always willing to help. Just like Ross said earlier, even you feel you have nothing to offer at all, we will just feed you something to let you getting start!

Forgive me for my poor English, but wish a happiness and talk soon.

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Here's what I think I have as of now -
    I'm still trying to figure out where I put things in my new garden and which
    are big enough to divide.

Offer
    List:

I don't know which specific type these hostas are. I can narrow it down better when they flower
    if you want to know:

• green center, white stripes
    • white center, green stripes
    • green/yellow striped
    • giant blue (Tulip - might work for you?)

There's more irises than this,
    but I don't know what state they are in yet or which other colours I
    have. Will know more once they bloom:

• Bearded - white standard, dark purple falls
    • Bearded - lavender
    • Bearded - lavender standard, dark purple falls
    • Siberian - dark purple
    • Siberian - lavender
    • Siberian - white

Others:

• spiderwort, purple
    • lamium, pink
    • Boston ivy
    • lungwort, purple/pink
    • ribbon grass
    • chives
    • oregano
    • rosemary
    • sweet woodruff
    • creeping jenny

I also have leftover heritage seeds for edibles (e.g. beans,
    tomatoes, squash, etc.) from Cottage Gardener.
    A lot of unusual varieties. If there's
    a particular type of veggie you're interested in, let me know and I'll dig up
    the packets to get more specific variety information to you.

Blueiris - I have some coral bells (heucheras),
    but I don't know what varieties they are. When they bloom I can send you
    pics of what I have?

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

I put in *bold
    the things that I'm strongly interested in (I didn't keep track of who already
    requested things, so apologies if I list anything already claimed). The rest I'd also be thrilled to have, but I
    don't want to be the crazy greedy person, so thought it best to prioritize my
    requests! :-) We moved recently to a house
    on 1/2 acre, almost all of which was lawn when we bought it, and now are in the
    process of converting about half of it to garden. So this group is AWESOME for me to be in
    touch with! I planted things one year
    ago, and so will have a lot more to offer to others by next year once it's
    established...

SIGNET:

mini daffodils

Achillea (Pearl, pink, white)

Ajuga Chocolate Chip

Double feverfew

*Hoya Carnosa

*Lungwort Cherry

*Larkspur purple

*Poet's narcissus

Pennyroyal

FLOWERGIRL:

*Aconitum carmichaelii

*Agastache

*Allium 'Purple Sensation'

*Callirhoe involucrata

Campanula persicifolia

Centaurea montana

*Daylily 'Purple Waters'

Dianthus deltoides

Geranium, magenta

*Hardy hibiscus

*Lychnis coronaria

Monarda, Beebalm, red and pink

Peony (any!)

Phuopsis stylosa

Pyrethrum coccineum

Rose of Sharon, white with burgundy

Shepherd's Scapiosa

*Siberian iris ' Silver Edge'

Spiderwort, blue

*Tall phlox

*Yvonne's Salvia

*Sun Rose

NAVYGIRL:

*delphinium (summer sky, pacific giant, *king arthur)

penstemom

ROSCO:

*Hellebore

*Bloody Dock

*Japanese Painted fern

*Bears Breeches

*Purple Hyacinth Bean

*Gardenia (rooted cutting)

BLUEIRIS:

*blue cranesbill geranium

nepeta racemosa

phlox (tall)

physostegia virginiana Royal

*pulmonaria dark green big leafed purple

*pulsatilla pasque flower pale purple

*penstemon digitalis

*Trout lily

*centaurea dealbata

• greylady_gardener
    7 years ago

Tulip..... thank you very much for your well wishes. :)

.. I would be very interested in your hosta Patriot if still available please :-)

Merja... I will put your name on an eddoe :)

ETA...welcome Mauritiana. It looks like we both posted at the same time :-)

• signet_gw(6b)
    7 years ago

Mauritiana , I will pot those up for you and get them to you before the swap probably on one of my drives into London

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

OK, you all drew me in, this sounds like so much fun! I am in
    Hamilton, not too close, but not too far either ;-).

I am not done with my list, might add more, but for the moment I
    have:

• snowdrops

• Crocus tomassianus "Ruby
      Giant' Blueiris, Mauritania, Flowergirl. Gone!

• puschkinia Blueiris, Mauritania. Gone!

• winter aconite, yellow, blooms
      with snowdrops and early crocus

• Scilla sibirica

• Ajuga 'Mini Crisp Red'

• Hosta 'Sagae' Tulip, Serendipity. Gone!

• Hosta 'Halcyon' Tulip. Gone!

• Hosta lancifolia

• Hosta plantaginea Grandiflora,
      August lily Tulip. Gone!

• 'Fireworks' goldenrod: great
      plant, does spread, but not like the wild forms Blueiris, Mauritania. Gone!

• Sedum 'Hab Grey' Blueiris

• Jack in the pulpit (probably) Mauritania

• Asarum canadense Ross. Gone!

• Daylily 'Penny's Worth', little
      piece, but blooming size

• Daylily 'Baja' Tulip. Gone!

• bloodroot (1 item, 2 little
      plants)

• medium size fern with red
      stalks, lady fern? will see if I can find the tag back Tulip

• geranium, 'Thurstonianum' type,
      own seedling, long bloom Blueiris, Mauritania, Serendipity. Gone!

• lady's mantle

• Digitalis lutea, manages to
      thrive and self sow under Norway maple!

• Geranium sanguinium 'album'
      (maybe) Mauritania, Serendipity. Gone!

• geranium, blue, early summer,
      not 'Rozanne', clump forming

• Corydalis lutea Ross

• herb Robert

• white miniature bearded iris Tulip, Greylady, Mauritania, Serendipity. Gone!

• Siberian iris 'Cesar's Brother',
      deep purple Mauritania. Gone!

• Hellebore, second year
      seedlings, most of them will be pink, often nicely veined, or dark,
      purplish red. There might be a white too. Greylady, Mauritania

• oriental poppy, red. I have a
      youngish plant, I think it might survive transplanting... Flowergirl. Gone!

• primula, dark red with silver
      markings, truly perennial: 20+ years Tulip, Ross, Mauritania, Flowergirl Gone!.

• Eupatorium, I think one of the less tall ones

I am looking for

• ajania/chrysanthemum pacificum
    • chrysanthemum 'Mei Kyo'
    • chrysanthemum 'Emperor of China'
      (is it even available in Canada?)
    • Poet's narcissus
    • Hosta 'Devon Green' (or
      'Canadian Shield', 'Kryptonite', 'Valerie's Vanity')
    • Hemerocallis 'Corky'
    • Hemerocallis 'The Jury's Out"
    • Hemerocallis 'Steeple Jackie'
    • very dark black hellebore

Flowergirl, could I have some of your lupin seedlings,
    foxgloves, and poppy mallow? Anything on my list you like?

Greylady, do you still have the white bleeding heart?

Rosco, are any of your hellebores spotted? And I would love
    some bloody dock. Can we do a swap?

Blueiris, I would love Veronica 'Georgia Blue', however
    much you want to get rid of... Anything on my list you would want?

Tulip, I would like your "Sammy Russell' daylily, and
    two pots of colchicums, if they are left. Please look through my
    offerings if there is anything you like.

Hope to see you all!

Dinie

• Tulip
    7 years ago

Lois,

Yep, you seems the only one in need of this very common Hosta in our group. Just check your e-mail first, then they are yours!

Do you have more Lauren's grape poppy seeds or seedings available. I'd love to have some if not too late.

Amanda,

Here is my reservation from you if possible.

• Hosta giant blue
    • Siberian - lavender & white
    • Bearded irises, all 3 varieties if possible

Dinie,

Daylily 'Sammy Russel' plus 2 pots Colchium are marked down for you. Please do choose more from my listing since I will ask a lot from yours...

I'd love to have the followings if possible.

• Daylily 'Baja'
    • medium size fern with red stalks
    • Hosta 'Sagae'
    • Hosta 'Halcyon'
    • Primula, dark red with silver markings
    • White miniature bearded iris
  • Dottersccv
    7 years ago

Good morning all and happy spring! My photography group and I, are out this morning photographing Trilliums. Amazingly this year it marsh marigolds are up at the same time.

• Dottersccv
    7 years ago

Continuing, if I remember correctly, last year we were able to use search tool to skim through previous posts. One that I offered, in fact but it escapes me at the moment apologies, as to what that was. Can search for by using keyword. For search by a flower name or a username etc. I'm sure it is posted in last year's 2015 forum. I'm going out the door, but I'll check in later, read your previous posts and say hello. Happy spring all,

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Flowergirl, Here - I'll try this again! My previous attempt at a reply was nearly done when I hit the wrong key, and poof! it was gone... Your name is on a grocery bag full of noID tulips. Do you have 3 pots of currants? 2 would be fine too! Penstemon Dark Tower has green leaves and blue flowers, Husker Red has burgundy/red leaves and white flowers. I had a lovely 4' hummingbird magnet Penstemon barbatus but it disappeared last year :-( I would love some tulipa tarda. Touch wood, the squirrels mostly leave the species tulips alone. yes please do see if you can divide heuchera 'Lime Rickey'. Thanks for all the lovely trades - please let me know what else on my list interests you!

BlueIris3

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Good morning Dottersccv!! Hope you found some "Wake Robin" as I've heard them called - red trilliums on you photography shoot! Would love to see some of your favourite pictures!! Cheers, BlueIris3

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello Dinie! I have you down for 3 pots of Veronica 'Georgia Blue' and two of Poet's Narcissus. I would like your Geranium 'Thurstonianum', Crocus tomassianus 'Ruby Giant', Pushkinia, Fireworks Goldenrod, and sedum 'Hab Grey'. Or is there something else in my list that interests you? Thanks, BlueIris3

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Welcome Mauritiana, I have you down for all your requests, except possibly the Pasque flower (Tulip and Ross asked first, it's a biggish clump so 3 pieces should be no problem, but not promising until after it blooms and I make sure the divisions survive).

I am for the second time trying desperately to give away more than I trade, my gardens are so full, I need to make space for new things!!

How lovely to have such a big lot to work with! I highly recommend that you look up the "Lasagna Gardening" method of making new garden beds!! (basically putting down cardboard or newspaper over top of grass and building up, instead of the back breaking work of digging out grasses.) I have 2/3 of my 55x105 lot in flowers with quite a deep front yard, and a smaller back yard with a giant shed, and three hugs composting enclosures, taking up 1/3 of the back yard.

I am interested in coral bells with different foliage, or the bright red flowers. Also interested in two kinds of bearded iris - white standard with dark purple falls, and lavender standard with dark purple falls, and some creeping jenny to use as spiller on my giant pots of annuals. Thanks for the trades, and giving homes to some of my extras! Happy gardening, BlueIris3

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Tulip, Looking back - I forgot to respond to your request I have you down for all the following:

• Iris siberica no id blues (no trade needed)

• Nepeta racemosa 'Walker’s Low' blue

• Phlox (tall) paniculata white or purple

• Physostegia virginiana Royal purple obedient plant

• Pulsatilla pasque flower pale purple

• Lamb's ears 'Helen von Stein'

• Echinacea plain pink coneflower (no trade needed)

• Winter Aconites

• Coleus If cutting available

• I am interested in several of your Victoria Falls blue irises and 2 pots of colchicum 'autumnale'

• Thanks for the trades, BlueIris3

• greylady_gardener
    7 years ago

Welcome Dinie... I will put your name on the white bleeding heart and I will try and get some Laurens grape poppy seeds planted for you ASAP.... would be interested in your mini White Iris and a hellebore seedling if possible please :-)

Dotters!.... glad you finally joined in :-)

Updated list:

Laurens grape seedlings/ seeds---signet---merja--tulip--dinie--mauritiana

White bleedingheart--dinie (gone)

Annabellehydrangea--

Gaillardia--

Coleus-- cuttings of four different kinds--blueiris

Two pots of moonflower Vine 3 to 4 seeds each--ipomoea alba

Eddoes-2--one for merja

Cranesbill- biokova-- small division

Japanese anemone... Anemone tomentosa robustissima--tulip-mauritiana--gone

Heuchera hercules-- have several pieces rooting right now--ross--mauritiana

Iris--pale mauve, tall, smells like grape koolaid--(I. pallida??)--mauritiana

If I'm missing something please let me know :-)

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

MAURITIANA: Welcome to the 2016 Spring Bank swap group! I will set aside for you Hellebore., Bloody Dock, Japanese Painted fern, Bear's Breeches, Purple Hyacinth Bean, and a rooted Gardenia cutting. In trade I would like if still available: White Bearded Iris with purple falls, purple Spiderwort, Rosemary and white Siberian Iris. Thanks. Ross.:

G.DINIE: Also welcome to the swap group!. I hope you enjoy yourself! I will set aside for you Hellebore and Bloody Dock. If still available I would ask you for dark red Primula and Corydalis Lutea. Thanks. Ross P.S. I guess you asked if my Hellebores were spotted. They are just a mix of cream and reddish colours.

DOTTERSCCV: Good to see you back again this year also. Ross.

• Tulip
    7 years ago

Greylady,

Thank you for Lauren's grape poppy seeds. I'd love to have your Japanese anemone if you can find anything from my list for a trade. Also interested in Coleus cuttings and wondering do you have pictures available?

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

LOIS: I would be interested in a cutting of your Hercules Heuchera if you see something on my list that interests you? Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    7 years ago

Tulip-- I will try and take pictures tomorrow and send them :)--( one is called trailing Plum if you want to Google it)

Ross-- I will put your name on one :-).... The pewter I got from you last year is looking beautiful today

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Greylady, I have Burgundy Wedding Train coleus - another trailing one, would you be interested in it? I would love a piece of your trailing plus if you have enough? Cheers, BlueIris3

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Thank you all for the welcome.

Tulip, I will reserve H. Baja, the fern, Hs Sagae and Halcyon, the primula and the mini iris for you. Maybe you could also give me a piece of hostas August Moon and Fire and Ice then?

Blueiris, you get Geranium 'Thurstonianum', Crocus tomassianus 'Ruby Giant', Pushkinia, Fireworks Goldenrod, and sedum 'Hab Grey.

Greylady, mini white iris and hellebore to you!

Ross, dark red Primula and Corydalis lutea for you. A hellebore without spots is OK, fresh blood!

I will keep my list above updated. If I have no more left of a plant, I will mark it 'Gone'.

I will also try to bring first year seedlings of Helleborus foetidus and H. niger 'Jacob' for anyone who is interested, no trade needed. Just come up to me. I would have to weed them out, and that hurts my hellebore loving heart ;-).

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

GDINIE: Just looking closer at your list and I am interested in your Aram Canadense if there is something else on my list that you may be interested in? Thanks for the previous trades.

LOIS; Glad to hear that the Pewter Heuchera is doing well for you. Thanks for the Hercules;,will be looking forward to it in the garden.

• greylady_gardener
    7 years ago

Blueiris--done! :). Thanks

Dinie--thanks for the trade

Ross--you're welcome

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Ross, I will give you the Asarum, just give me another hellebore ;-).

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Thanks Ross, Blueiris, and Signet for your generosity! :-)

To give, I have down:

Tulip: bearded iris (all three types); Siberian iris (lavender, white), giant blue hosta

Ross: Bearded iris (white/purple combo); Siberian (white); purple spiderwort; rosemary

Blueiris: creeping jenny. I'll check my coral bells when they bloom, but I think they're all bright pink (not red)...

Dinie: I may have a solid green hosta like what you're looking for - will have to see when they come up to know for sure. Will let you know...

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

I don't have much to offer yet (see above) - so please do give priority to someone who can trade you for something you want - but if you can spare, I'd love the following:

Dinie:

• Crocus tomassianus "Ruby Giant'
    • puschkinia
    • 'Fireworks'
      goldenrod
    • Jack in the pulpit
    • geranium,
      'Thurstonianum'
    • Geranium
      sanguinium 'album'
    • white miniature
      bearded iris
    • Siberian iris
      'Cesar's Brother', deep purple
    • Hellebore (any -
      currently have none!)
    • primula, dark red

Greylady:

• Laurens grape seeds
    • Japanese anemone
    • Heuchera hercules
    • Iris--pale mauve, tall, smells like grape koolaid

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Blueiris - Yes, lasagna gardening is the best! I definitely do that now (and bemoan the wasted time from years ago spent digging up the grass!). I usually put down landscape fabric then mulch on top, wait about 6 months, then peel back the fabric where I want to plant (eventually removing all of the fabric over time). Really helps with the weeding - though I still haven't found a solution to hold back creeping charlie (the bane of my gardening existence!).

• Tulip
    7 years ago

Dinie,

Marked both Hostas for you. But I thought your 'August Lily' is the same as my 'August Moon'. If they are not, may I reserve 'August Lily' as well?

Mauritina,

Are you available around 9:30 tomorrow morning? I send you several e-mail yesterday and today, could you please let me know the answer?

By the way, thank you for the trade. I do love the pure green Hosta you mention to Dinie. If you can have more to share, may I reserve a trade?

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I posted early on but I don't know if my posts actually got through. Then I got busy with life...then I was 'lurking' for a bit (as Ross mentioned some of us do :))...then I wasn't sure if I would have anything to offer as I got most of my plants from all of you last year. However, I went out and scoped my garden and although not a lot, there are a few things I have to offer:

variegated soloman seal

daylily - pardon me

daylily - reddish orange (I'm not sure of its name as it was mislabelled but I'll post a pic)

scabiosa (I call it pincushion flower) - mauve

flame grass

soapwort - pale pink

hosta A - I think it's 'whirlwind' but I'll post a pic (large)

hosta B - not sure of the name but will post a pic

I split my heurchera Hercules but it's the first time I've done it so at the moment they are on the fence if they will take or not if they do I will offer up some of those

chocolate boneset

mock orange seedling

houseplant - trailing (not sure of its name but will post pic)

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

There are so many plants that are calling my name - it's hard to resist! I've lost track of who's taken what so I will just put it out there and if any are still available, great. If not, no worries.

Flowergirl

campanula persicifolia - white

spiderwort - blue

oxalis - triangularis

oxalis - iron cross

daylily - purple waters

Ross

Lilac

hellebore

Blue Iris

Bleeding heart - white

geranium - palest blue

spiderwort - Navajo princess

Tulip

lily of the valley

dwarf Iris - bearded baby brown eyes

Mauritiana - Welcome!

Hosta - green & yellow

siberian Iris - white

heucheras - would like lime Rickey (as mine died) or reddish, orange, caramel colour if you have any

Dinie

Nice to see you decided to join!

Hosta - sagae

daylily - baja

minature iris - white

geranium - thurstonianum

geranium - sanguirnium

Grey Lady - I hope you are feeling better and whatever you are taking won't keep you down for long!

bleeding heart - white

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Tulip - I loved the pic of the red trillium! I didn't even know it came in any colour than white - it's beautiful!

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Signet - sorry to hear you won't be coming to the swap. Don't worry about the bulbs - I'm sure I'll have plenty of plants from the swap! I would still like to make it out to see all your daylillies this summer. The pictures from last year were breath taking.

• Tulip
    7 years ago

Serendipity,

Nice to see you jump in on time. Yep, I never saw trillium as this colour before!

May a reserve you Daylily 'Pardon Me' now and decide on your Hostas when pictures pop up? Have both Lily of the Valley and Dwarf Brown Iris marked for you. Thank you!

Also, Signet will drop your plants to me, and I will bring to the swap.

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Serendipity!

I have you marked down for a white bleeding heart, palest blue geranium and white spiderwort Navajo Princess. I am interested in your pincushion flower mauve, mock orange seedling, heuchera Hercules (if it pulls through) and daylily Pardon Me if you have enough. Hope something else on my list tempts you!!

Cheers, BlueIris3

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

SERENDIPITY: I will set aside a mauve Lilac and a Hellebore for you. If you have a piece of your chocolate Boneset left to trade ,that would be great. Thanks. Ross.

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

This plant swap is getting me excited! A sentimental moment - I loved the front garden I made at my last house (replaced almost all lawn with flowers). I posted a pic below of the view from my old front door. Unfortunately, the people who bought it replaced almost all of the garden with sod. I actually cried when I saw it. So it's "garden therapy" to be starting over again. :-)

• flowergirl_on
    7 years ago

It has been busy here lately. :) First I want to let all the new people know (and remind the 'old' ones) that besides plants everything garden related is welcome: any kind of dirt you have laying around like triple mix, compost, manure, potting soil, vermiculite, perlite... The bags don't need to be full. And anything else you might have...tomato and plant supports... All that kind of stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Mauritiana, welcome to the group. I have you down for most of the plants on the list. I will see if couple of the limited items are still available by the time the swap arrives...if nobody asks for them, they are yours as well. I would be interested in Siberian - lavender, Rosemary and all the bearded irises. If your dark purple siberian iris is something else than 'Ceasar's Brother' I would be interested. Or if the white siberian iris is something else than 'White Swirl' or 'Snow Queen' I would be interested as well. I am collecting siberian irises so any new ones to me are welcomed. Add on: That was a super lovely garden you had in your previous house!!

Dinie, welcome to the group as well. I have you marked down for lupin seedlings, foxgloves, and poppy mallow. I am interested in Crocus tomassianus "Ruby Giant', oriental poppy and dark red primula if still available.

Blueiris, I have you down for some red currants, Penstemon barbatus, Tulipa tarda, heuchera 'Lime Rickey' (fingers crossed) and I'm guessing a penstemon 'Husker Red' seedling. I thought my 'Dark Tower' had white flowers also. Is the blue colour really clear or a faint hue? Thank you for all the tulip bulbs. Grocery bag full of them sounds plenty. :)

Serendipity, I have you marked down for campanula, spiderwort, both oxalis and a daylily Purple Waters. I would be interested in mock orange seedling and scabiosa if they are still available, please.

I hope I got everybody. Let me know if I missed you.

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Flowergirl - thank you for the plants! And the yard complement - it was my first time to embrace gardening, and once I embraced it I was "all in"! I have no idea which variants my irises are - the majority of my plants are divisions from friends and neighbours. Even a stranger with a gorgeous garden where I knocked on their door and asked them to let me know when they needed to thin - true story. :-) But the irises I have should be blooming by the time of the swap (I think?), so I can post pics and you can decide if they are ones you want.

All Iris requests: I should have enough to give each person a really sizeable chunk, depending on how many people ask! I love sharing plants, so will give all I can. I'm also uncertain which colours the largest swaths are, so will have to wait for bloom to see! The white siberian - which seems to be the most requested - is one I only got last year, so you will probably only get a small piece from that one (assuming it comes back!).

• Tulip
    7 years ago

To All,

I'd like to propagate Weigela 'Wine and Rose' this year. Any interesting? Either bring in fresh cuttings on swap day, or contact me before winter to know how's my success rate. Maybe additional stuff on my trading list next year...

• blueiris3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Tulip, found this article it lists June as a good time to root softwood cuttings, or late fall for hardwood cuttings: http://www.pennlive.com/gardening/2011/06/starting_a_new_weigela.html

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Some more reservations ;-). For availability see my first list, I am keeping that one up to date.

Mauritania: thank you for your offer of a green hosta.I am however looking for that particular green hosta, 'Devon Green', the green sport of 'Halcyon', which has been introduced by several people under several names. If it is another solid green one, please let it go to someone else. I do have you down for

• Crocus tomassianus "Ruby Giant'

• puschkinia

• 'Fireworks'
      goldenrod

• Jack in the pulpit

• geranium,
      'Thurstonianum'

• Geranium
      sanguinium 'album'

• white miniature
      bearded iris

• Siberian iris
      'Cesar's Brother', deep purple

• Hellebore

• primula, dark red

Enjoy them in your new garden.

Tulip, I will get you a piece of the August lily, no trade needed.

Serendipity, I hope to bring you

• Hosta - sagae
    • daylily - baja
    • minature iris - white
    • geranium - thurstonianum
    • geranium - sanguirnium

No trade needed.

Flowergirl, thanks for the trade. You get Crocus tomassianus "Ruby Giant', oriental poppy and dark red primula.

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Serendipity, oops, I had only one piece of 'Baja', and it is spoken for... Sorry.

• greylady_gardener
    7 years ago

Serendipity-- thank you for your well wishes also. :). Sadly I only had one white bleeding heart and it is spoken for.

Mauritiana--beautiful picture of your former garden. :)

• Tulip
    7 years ago

To All,

Add no ID tall Daylily, yellow with red centre to trade list, 2 small clumps available.

Also add one into looking for list -- Dwarf Bee-balm.

Found a Geranium species picture online, and wish is useful.

• Tulip
    7 years ago

Update on May 6th:

Offer list:

No trade requested.

• Hosta, green with with edging, very common type
    • Daylily 'Sammy Russell' (great thanks to Signet). blooming little later than old Ditch orange lily, similar high, reserved by Dinie
    • Lily of the valley, reserved by Serendipity
    • helianthus tuberosus, either tubers or plants

Trade list:

Oriental Lily bulbs, 6 varieties available, 1 bulb per trade

• Lilium “Acapulco”, 1 bulb, reserved by Ross
    • Lilium “Casablanca”, 2 bulbs, one reserved by Flowergirl, one remain
    • Lilium “Stargazer”, 2 bulbs, one reserved by Flowergirl, one remain
    • Lilium “Sorbonne", 2 bulbs, reserved by Ross and Flowergirl
    • Lilium “Tom Pouce”, 1 bulb, reserved by Flowergirl
    • Lilium “Muscadet”, 1 bulb, reserved by Flowergirl

Tulip bulbs, 3 varieties available, 3 bulbs per trade (left from last fall planting, storage in cold room whole winter)

• 'Pays-Bas', 6 bulbs, 3 reserved by Flowergirl, 3 remain
    • 'Mount Tacoma', 6 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl and Ross
    • 'Aveyron', 3 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl

Iris:

• 'Victoria Falls', 10+ available, 1 rthzorne per trade, 5 reserved by Blueiris, 5 reserved by Mauritiana, few tiny pieces left
    • Dwarf bearded 'baby brown eyes', (picture available) limited to 1 trade, reserved by Serendipity

Pixie Dwarf Lily:

• Red, small bulbs, 2 available

Colchium:

• autumnale, 2 or 3 bulbs per pot depend on size, 2 pots reserved by Blueiris, 2 pots reserved by Dinie

Hostas:

• Honeybells
    • August Moon, reserved by Dinie
    • Fire and Ice, reserved by Dinie

Bleeding Heart, pink

Daylilies:

• Stella De Oro
    • Tall bearded, flower is slitily larger than orange ditch, yellow with red centre (picture available), 2 small size clumps available

Looking for:

• Pixie Dwarf Lily in any colour except red
    • Gaint Hostas, any tall and huge leaf varieties
    • Irises, any except yellow water Iris
    • Columbines, any varieties since I have no left even those I received from last year trade due to husband's 'mistake'
    • Phlox except pink
    • Echinacea, such as 'Pink Poodle', 'Pink Double Delight', 'Secret Lust'
    • Daylilies, prefer any varieties which blooming within 2 feet high
    • Dwarf Bee-balm
  • Tulip
    7 years ago

TO ALL,

Should we start a new thread as 'Part Two' since the current one is already over 175? Here is the link:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/3880012/2016-springbank-london-on-plant-swap-part-2?n=1

Sponsored
More Discussions