SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

since we're talking about cats

3katz4me
8 years ago

Have you ever heard of this? We moved in October. Ever since the move our cats are all drinking out of the toilet or wanting to drink from the faucet in the bathroom. DH has just been confounded by this. We use the same dish, wash it every day before filling with fresh water, etc. I've been making a point of being sure the toilets are open because I want them to get enough water but it's too weird.

So we're pondering this weirdness and I said the only thing I can think of that is different is in our other house all of our water was softened - even the kitchen cold because the water had so much iron in it. Usually the kitchen cold is not softened because you use it for drinking, cooking, etc. So I said maybe they don't like un-softened water though the water in our new house seems great to me - no metallic odor or mineral taste that I can tell.

So this morning he decided to fill the water dish from the laundry tub. Short time later he sees one of the cats drinking out of the dish - said it's the first time he's seen a cat drinking out of the water dish in weeks if not months. He cleans and fills the water in the morning and says it never appears that any is gone from day to day.

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Comments (48)