SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Why I still watch HGTV

IdaClaire
8 years ago

I've been thinking about this off and on for quite some time. We occasionally vent here about how HGTV has changed and how annoying we find so much of today's programming, and this morning as I was listening to the two on Love It Or List It do their silly little whispering at the end of the program where the homeowner must "decide: love it? or list it?" and rolling my eyes for the umpteenth time, I got to thinking about why I still watch. Certainly I'm free to change the channel or, better yet, just turn off the TV. But I do still watch, and even annoying as I so often find it, I do still enjoy seeing houses. All houses. I like it when people look at houses and consider houses and talk about houses and decorate houses and complain about houses. I just like houses.

'Course, I could still very much do without the ridiculousness that is such a part of the process these days. I don't understand why people have gotten so darn wordy. It isn't enough to discuss price, but now everything has a price point. A space can't simply be open, it has to be described as open concept (repeatedly). The loud music and the overly enthusiastic hosts who seem all coked up and the outright silliness of it (guess the price! whisper! fake argue!) does grate on my nerves. And still I watch. Because I just like the houses, and find myself entertained even watching the worst of the worst.

Happy viewing! :-)

Comments (40)