SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
christine_jackson9393788

Ceaserstone Calcatta Nuvo 5131 or LG Viatera Minuet?

I am having the hardest time deciding on whether to do the Ceaserstone Calcatta Nuvo 5131 or LG Viatera Minuet for my kitchen counters? The Kitchen will be white cabinets and marble subway tile backsplash. The fabricators keep warning me that the Ceaserstone CN veins are hard to line up on seams. Does anyone have advice/pictures of their Ceaserstone Calcatta Nuvo 5131 or LG Viatera Minuet for my kitchen counters? Thanks!

Comments (4)

• homechef59
    5 years ago

I have LG Viatera Rococo. I can't advise you on which one is best. You will have to make that decision. But, I will say that I wouldn't mix one of the quartz products with a natural marble backsplash. They won't look good together. I suggest you consider other backsplash options once you make your counter top decision. You can even wait until the counter is installed for the final decision.

• jaybar
    5 years ago

I have a nice size sample of the Calcutto Nuvo that i ordered. Really nice looking and its one of my top choices for my remodel. Do you mind asking how much you are getting quotes for this? It sounds like your fabricator is taking the easy way out, plenty of people buy this style

@homechef- could you expand on not mixing quartz with natural backsplash. Plenty of people use engineered counter tops. are you telling me that no of those customers ever use natural stone tile? I am thinking of going with quartz and marble tile/backsplash. I'm a novice so please assist

• homechef59
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I'm sitting here looking at my quartz. It's very close to marble when you look at it as a stand alone product. When you put the two materials directly adjacent to each to other, it will look strange. They don't match. But, they are close enough in look to appear mismatched. Put them together and you will see what I mean.

• jcollins84
    5 years ago

I have carsarstone cn, and am going with a warmish white backsplash because I found the marble pattern fought with the caesarstone pattern. I decided not to pay extra to try and match the seam perfectly, so I do have a vein that ends abruptly. It doesn't bother me, but it's in a spot that usually has a cutting board, so I don't really notice it :) I moved the cutting board so I could get a photo for you, don't mind my unfinished window sills! I also posted a picture of my island that doesn't have a seam.