SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kvealg8r

Paint color with oak trim

kvealg8r
8 years ago
I previously posted about the oak trim in a house we are getting, and after getting a quote to sand and paint all of it, it's out of the question. I'm ok with that since I was on the fence about the oak, and DH loves the oak. So, back to the drawing board, looking for suggestions for paint colors and other minor decorating tips. I've done some extensive Google/Pinterest/houzz colors for this topic, but want more opinions. All photos include the previous owner's belongings. We plan to pull down all wallpaper, paint, change out lighting fixtures, and replace the carpet. Beyond that, there's no short term plans for any other renovations so I want to decorate to make the most of each space. The home is a French style home surrounded by trees for complete privacy. As you see, tons of Windows and outdoor areas. It has a breezy earthy homey feel to it that I love.

In my online searching, I gravitate toward Revere Pewter, Gray Owl, Sea Salt, but feel these colors are too strong for the big open spaces.

These first photos are a general feel for the home. Photos in comments will be room specific.

Comments (12)