SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fbx22

Leek seeds arent germinating

fbx22
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I bought some Leek seeds from Johnnys. King Richard to be exact because they were on sale for 90 cents so I figure well Ive never tried leek but I will give it a try since theyre on sale. Maybe since they were on sale for 90 cents shouldve been my red flag? Any how I started 6 of them in jiffy pellets on March 6th. Theyre in a finished basement thats around 60 to 65 degrees and on a heating pad so they should be right around the optimal temperature of 70. I planted them the same day as about 25 or 30 petunias and all but 4 of those are doing great(The other 4 may be duds from Jungs because a whole pack of Burgundy stars didnt germ last year so they gave me a free pack in late summer last year which also may turn out to be duds). Anyhow 2 have actually germinated and I can see them sticking about an 1/8th in out of the ground and thats been 2 days. Just a few more bits of info. My seed room has a small window fan with 2 fans blowing on low at all times. They are also under gro lux or GE plant bulbs 3 to 5 inches from the light and on a timer 12 hours a day. Any ideas other than bad seed? Maybe theyre slow germinaters? Maybe my research of them being roughly around 70 to germinate is wrong? I wouldnt consider myself a beginner but not an expert either

Comments (9)