SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frmrsdghtr

Total redo of kitchen and living area - open to any ideas please!

Janelle Van
8 years ago

Please help me reimagine this kitchen. We just purchased this house for our family of (almost) 7 and I am not liking the main living space :(. We budgeted to totally redo this area but I can't seem to imagine how it should look. All walls are removable. Total space is 29'10" by 23'8". There is a separate living space for the kids but still this will be our main entertaining area and it feels so small to me, I feel like I'm having some buyers remorse. How can I maximize the space? Only the shaded areas must stay - they are stairs and entry way closet. I don't need or want two dining areas and I think I would like the pantry to stay since it maximizes storage space. Am definitely considering taking out the whole wall where the closet/desk/fridge/stove are. A couple of huge roadblocks are the windows in the dining space adjacent to the pantry - they are low to the floor and I don't think they would like right from the road if they were any higher - so that seems like unusuable space. All windows must remain as well except for the small 20" window adjacent to the dining space, it's possible to remove that one. Another roadblock/mindblock is the fireplace - which is not centered. :( Any ideas how to work with that would be great. Main focus right now though is the kitchen. I am open to islands/peninsulas/ open concept you name it. Thanks for reading through!!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!