SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firefox15

Two or Three Pendant Lights?

firefox15
8 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Wife and I are in the middle of a lighting project, but we are not sure if we should have two or three pendants over our breakfast bar since it curves, and the lights wouldn't be in a straight line if we go with three. Additionally, the clearance between the end of the BB and the carpet is pretty poor, so we don't currently have a chair there. Maybe you could fit a chair for a child, but realistically, any adult would have trouble sitting there. As such, I'm not sure if it would look weird to have two of the pendants by two of the chairs while the third isn't flanked by a chair.

On the other hand, if I go with only two pendants, I'm wondering if it will look "unfinished" with 2/3s of the BB lit up uniformly while the final third is noticeably darker. Also, from the images I'm seeing of various BBs, it looks like three pendants is kind of "the norm" and possibly looks a little better than two and more "balanced" if that makes any sense. Finally, if we ever do put a small chair on that side, the absence of a pendant could make it look odd in my opinion.

Anyway, the wife and I disagree on which option is best, and neither of us are really lighting experts, so I thought I would check with those who are to get their opinion. Please ignore the existing pendant over the sink as well as the center fixture as both will be removed shortly. Thanks!

Comments (11)