SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Does your house have a theme?

Unintentionally I have given my upcoming house a theme. And now while reading my second Sarah Susanka book, "creating the not so big house" I see that this isn't as far fetched as I thought. Even to the point of the same theme. My theme is circles. I've always had an affinity for circles and tend to buy things with circles frequently.

This is the type of front door I have planned.

I don't know if I will do that curved roof yet. If not then I will frame out the door on my front porch similar to this.

I am also planning on these windows in my shower and my husband's shower. They aren't on the front of the house, so won't be visible from the front.

My plan as it stands now is for the Windows on the front facade to have shutters. The Windows will be stock double hung as more round Windows would be expensive plus I think it would be a bit much. But I saw these shutters in the book and may do something like these.

So do others have a theme? And when is it too much? I am going to run my ideas past my architect when we sit down to really make some choices as I think he has a great design sense.

Comments (32)