SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bear1777

Ugh, rip ALL this tile out? Lots of photos!

bear1777
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Well, moral of the story is: don't go on vacay the week the tile's put in. What do you all think of this tile workmanship? I haven't paid anything on for labor this remodel yet, but I did buy all the tile myself.

For the record, the floor had level issues until my contractor said he felt he had fixed it enough to use the 12x24 porcelain tile (he used some expensive liquid leveling compound). I told him I'd consider spending a lot more for a smaller scale marble basket weave tile if it helped with the floor issues but he assured me the porcelain tile would be fine. The contractor did not do the tile work, he hired his installer.

The marble curb is a mess, and the subway tile corner and sides have huge wide grout lines. I'm willing to eat the cost on the subway tile and start over with white grout (or at least re-grout if possible) as I okay'd the darker grout color (and absolutely HATE it) ---but not so willing to eat the cost of labor to re-do the floor and marble curb. Any advice to arm myself for tomorrow's awkward and unpleasant discussion with the contractor would be welcome.

Comments (17)