SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmpcfp

Help with hardscape/landscaping

Kmpcfp
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We moved into this house almost a year ago and the flagstone patio in the front is overwhelming and needs to be repaired. (All the grouting is flakes and there are low spots). There were two raised rectangular planting beds in the front that didn't work with the rest of the house (and stopped the flow of the water to leave a puddle in the muddle when it rained) that I have already pulled out. I want to pull out more of the flagstone (I will repurpose it in the back) and reintroduce some more natural planting beds and maybe lawn.

I want to still keep usable walkways going from our driveway to our porch and side deck, and not sure what direction to go.

The water from the driveway flows to the patio and drains out the right to the side of the house. Maybe incorporate a dry creek bed?

Also the previous owners put that side fence up just before we bought it, we still need to rip that up and install it correctly.

In the side yard (to the right) I want to raised vegetable garden that will double as a retaining wall for our crushed asphalt parking pad.

I found a picture of our house from 2002 without the patio and I like the curb appeal better then now.

Attached are some from now and

then.

I don't know if what I want to do will look good and I would love suggestions!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022