SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Busy Work and Odd things ...

roselee z8b S.W. Texas
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

You probably can't tell, but I've been working hard, which is my favorite line to Bob when I come in from outside and plop on the sofa.

I removed a large planting of Fruit cocktail shrimp plants that were getting way too much sun when the big tree came down. An old clay barbecue grill was placed there in which I'll plant sun loving portulacas ...

An unattractive plant was removed and a nice concrete pot that I've had for years was moved next to David where it shows off better. Not an easy feat as that thing is heavy ...

Sport looks on wishing he could help ... ha!

Two inches were in the fancy gauge from last night's rain. Doesn't the cowboy's kerchief match Mangave macho mocha nicely? Thanks to Tally who swapped it at SAPS ...

As for oddities, it seems these Mountain laurel blooms are unusually pale colored on this one tree. All the other trees have dark purple blooms as usual ...

Talk about eager to bloom, these flowers are coming right off the trunks of a Fragrant olive we had to cut back ...

However, they are no less fragrant ...

All for now, but with the early spring and winter rains all our gardens are going to be busting out all over very soon. I hope y'all will post pictures!

Also wildflowers should be spectacular in many areas of the state.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022