SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comptalk

Need assistance in picking and setting up a greenhouse in my backyard

comptalk
8 years ago

Hey all,

I would like setup a nice sized greenhouse in my backyard. I am located in New York, so I am not sure if that effects what I would like to grow. I would like to grow some herbs, fruits and veggies. Can some of you give me some ideas on which types of structures to look at? I've been reviewing some of the offerings on Amazon. They are nice, but I am looking for one where I can also add electric as well as water for spraying the seeds/plants either manually or on a timer. Also, for the ventilation, they seem to offer some with a way to open the hatch at the top, but how does one prevent critters, insects and pests from getting into the greenhouse? I was going to lay a cement foundation down first, and then put the unit on top of said foundation. That would hopefully prevent any pests from trying to go under the sides to get into the fruits and veggies.

Suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, in terms of maintains for the seeds and fruits/veggies, that would be helpful as well. If possible, I'd like to grow things organically. Thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES