SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

The Thrill Was Gone - The Thrill Is Back

For quite a few months now I really only ventured out into the garden to take care of the plants' basic needs since aesthetic enjoyment was not to be had. It's been a gradual downward slide for a number of years, really, but El Nino was going to save us all. Well, it didn't, since we've had hardly any rain because of a persistent high pressure system that kept the rain well north of us. However, with the drip system and the unseasonably warm weather we've had lately, my many new roses have begun to grow and the oldsters are putting out new growth and buds. There is even the promise of some rain within the next two weeks and, if that actually happens, I'm pretty stoked about the idea that there may be an earlier than usual but actually quite decent spring flush. That will seem almost novel because that hasn't happened in at least the last three years.

Roses I'm most looking forward to are Charles Darwin, International Herald Tribune, Blush Noisette, Mme. Antoine Mari, Baronne Henriette de Snoy, Aloha, Duchesse de Brabant, Fragrant Plum, The Faun, Rhodologue Jules Gravereaux, Sister Elizabeth, Love Song, Carefree Beauty, Charles Rennie McIntosh, Madame Lambard, Maggie, Heirloom, Deanna Krause and La France, roses that I've either not grown before or had grown and lost, and am now very happy to have again. I hope you'll all have wonderful success with your spring flush.

Comments (33)