SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Powder room placement input.

This is the hopeful plan for our retirement house in the mountains. Just to clarify how we will use this house.

We will be on 13 acres, no neighbors in view. It will be just my husband, myself and our 8 dogs most of the time. Grown kids to visit occasionally and maybe entertain other couples for weekend visits a few times a year. I realize that entering through the kitchen is odd, but it is very typical in the mountains as you want to leave the big expanse of Windows along the back wall great room areas. We have been through hundreds of plans and finally found one that had almost everything on our list. An important part of this plan is what you can't see which is the basement. I can't move stairs and such as it will totally mess up the basement and that is a total deal breaker.

Here is the original plan in mirror.

As you can see the powder opens directly into great room, not good. Also we don't need an office so that will become a pantry, a big item from our wish list. In both options I added a cabinet tucked in that wall to put formal dishes and cookbooks above.

Option 1, basically leave powder where it is and move door around to kitchen wall.

Option 2, move the powder room to the other end. A bit out of the way but it won't get a ton of use. Also allows for a window in the powder room.

Sink will be something custom.

Comments (13)