SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelazuill

Janky plumbing job- help!! (x-posted from bathrooms)

Angela Zuill
8 years ago

I posted this in the bathrooms forum as well, but we're in urgent need of advice on this so thought I would post here as well. Hope that's ok!

My friends are in the final phase of building their home. They had a beautiful old claw foot tub refinished and wanted wall mounted plumbing. This is what their builder gave them. It seems like the tub may have needed to be closer to the plumbing wall in order to accomplish this? But now she's thinking it may be too late to move the tub. There is a basement bathroom that is located directly below this one, so the plumbing is apparently all tied in together.

As it stands now, there's no way to even turn the shower head on- not to mention that unsightly pipe sticking out from the wall that is supposed to be the faucet??

So now she's in a semi-panic trying to come up with a solution to show her builder. They are supposed to move in this weekend. Thought you guys might have good suggestions? We have an old refinished clawfoot in our bathroom too, but our plumbing in not wall mounted, so I'm unfamiliar with how to advise her, other than that she could purchase a plumbing kit to replace that PVC running to the floor drainage. What would you do to fix this, making it look good and actually be functional? Let me know if I can provide any additional photos/info that would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Comments (12)