SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebunky

Did I finally find "The One"? Am I actually getting out of ABB?

rebunky
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

While looking for bathroom tile yesterday, I found this light greenish gray tile with a slight linen like texture and I thought, hmmmm...could it be? That is the exact color I have dreamed of for my kitchen backsplash from day one. I brought it home and immediately my heart started singing and I did a little happy dance. So does means it could be the one?

You know I'm open to honest opinions. My style is what you'd call transitional I guess.

My cabinets are white. Schuler white icing. My floors are a rich reddish brown wood called Ipe. My island granite was a craigslist find so no clue what it is called. My perimeter granite is called San Benidito. It's a dark gray with tiny flecks of a gray green. Hard to capture, but overall reads black. My sink is blanco silgranite in Cinder. Cabinet pulls are revitalize in ORB. Also sink faucet and Island lighting is bronze. I don't have a great overall shot of the kitchen but here's the best I have on my iPad. I can't take a better one now because it's a disaster at the moment.

This is the living room. Not finished Sheetrock, window trim, etc....Notice Ecko basking in the sun in her favorite spot and PJ snoozing on his corner of the couch? The couch matches the tile perfectly and the rug has that color.

Here it is on my perimeter granite and then the island. The brand is Jeffrey Court breakwater in the Sea color. This photo looks a little on the yellow side but in real life I'd call it more silvery sage.

Here is a link to all the specs and sizes it comes.

http://www.jeffreycourt.com/wp-content/library/10_Breakwater.pdf

If I get a majority of thumbs up, I would love help with the design. I figured the 3x9 for field tile but do I go with a regular running bond pattern or other. Do I use any of those fancy coral reef motif squares? The thinner stacks? Do I do a framed area behind the range as I always planned?

I guess I should first see if you all like the color and style first and then Worry about the design huh? :-)

Comments (78)