SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

IKEA Laxarby Sektion Reveal!

Tmnca
8 years ago

The kitchen is finally done! Thanks again for all the layout advice - I implemented almost all of it. It still needs a bit of touch up paint, grout haze cleaned off tile, and some edge banding in a few places and black dishwasher seal etc but you get the idea! I may have to do something more exciting with the window treatment or that wall - looks a bit blank under the window.

Cabinets IKEA Laxarby Black-brown

Countertop "Breaking Wave" (Fantasy Brown Quartzite)

Sink IKEA Bredskar

Range - IKEA Nutid slide in electric

Hood - Ikea Luftig

Backsplash - Home Depot Daltile white subway with Snow White grout

Faucet - re-used from previous facelift - Delta Leland

Fridge - already owned Frigidaire Gallery

Dishwasher - re-used Bosch Ascenta, previously white ordered new faceplates and buttons and changed myself.

BEFORE

These photos are after the original facelift I did shortly after moving in - painted cabinets, put concrete overlay on ugly cracked tile counters and added hardware. I did the floors before we moved in (LVP). Things I hated about the kitchen here: closed in feeling, lack of good storage (too many corners with wasted space) fridge sticking out, range next to doorway, feeling that 2 people in the kitchen would run into one another.

This was the original floor plan, or at least as close as I could create in Ikea Kitchen planner - this is probably a bit better than the reality was :)

AFTER

Pantries! Yes they pull out :)

Need to get black trim for around dishwasher, the white showing is the rubber sweep

this is the new floor plan

Comments (46)