SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw123

Kitchen flooring--sheet vinyl or linoleum ?

Sooz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I want to get my kitchen floor replaced-- the recent floor has TrafficMaster 12 x 12 peel-and-stick tiles, which are coming up on the edges (VERY disappointing as I did the prep & application of the tiles according to directions!), and those peel-and-stick tiles cover sheet vinyl or maybe it's sheet linoleum that's under them.

I realize the 12 x 12s will have to be removed, and perhaps even the sheet vinyl/lino under that. I do NOT want separate *planks* -- I want a sheet of the stuff. :O) oh, and I do NOT want it slippery when wet... (don't ask! lolam!)...and I don't want tile either.

This is for MY house, just us and two dogs. None of us wear heels, even on Halloween! LOL

Any recommendations for sheet vinyl versus sheet linoleum? ...something that won't give off "chemical odors" and might be the best product for ease of care, and also be tough and long lasting. I don't want to have to wax or polish the floor as part of the upkeep. TIA !

P.S. How is "click" flooring waterproof? Seems a contradiction, since water flows to the lowest source, y'know (I'm not interested in click flooring, just wondering about how the manufacturers get around that pesky water-gravity thing).

Smiles,

Sooz

Comments (19)