SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Lego organization?

Olychick
8 years ago

I thought I'd try here before exploring for a kid's or organizing forum to see if any of you have dealt with a mountain of Lego pieces.

My grandson has just started with them and after spending about half of my savings on Lego sets for him, I decided to look for other options. One of my friends mentioned she had a whole bin of Legos left from her son's youth and offered to lend them to me.

The problem is that they were originally sets to build specific things, but not all the instructions showing which sets are in the jumble. And most were deconstructed. So he's going to have just a great selection of different parts to make his own creations. But to do that, I have to get them out of this huge bin into some kind of order, so he can even see what is there.

I've looked online for organizing ideas and see some things that will work, but am wondering, do I organize by color, or shape, or size, or ??? I've literally spent the last 8 hours separating by color into ziplocks until I can get some bins, but now I'm not sure color is the way to go. I pulled out all the teeny tiny accessories regardless of color, but other than that, I feel a little lost/overwhelmed.

Any Legos wisdom?

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio