SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Foot nook/step in the shower?

uscpsycho
8 years ago

I am remodeling my bathroom. The shower will be 4' x 6' (possibly even 4x7).

The shower it really too narrow to comfortably have a bench on the long end, I don't want it to feel cramped. My thought was to put a bench on the short end, opposite the showerhead. However, my girlfriend tells me that is too far from the shower for leg shaving and that it will be too cold at that end. Good point.

Her suggestion was to put a smaller nook in the wall underneath the shampoo nook. This would be to prop your foot on while shaving. Creative solution. Has anyone seen such a thing? Would that be crazy?

Another option would be to do the opposite. Rather than build a full bench by the shwoerhead I could just build out a little step for someone to put their foot on while shaving. Anyone seem something like that?

And if I do this, do I really need a bench in the shower? The only practical place for a built in is so far from the showerhead that it's really kind of impractical. I know benches are helpful for handicapped and such, which I am not. But if a need ever arose for seating in the shower a teak bench of some such thing could be brought in. And it might be better because you could move it around to wherever you needed the bench to be.

What do you guys think?

Comments (18)