SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
applnut2

Sub Zero Pro48 Or ...

applnut2
8 years ago

Well, I think my oft-repaired Jenn-Air 48" built in has given up the ghost for good this time. Given its long history of issues, we've been expecting this day to come but I admit I haven't really found a 48" built-in I truly love and, given how expensive they are, that is distressing. My favorite is the Sub Zero Pro 48" with the glass door, which I think looks amazing, and has a good layout for the veg and freezer, but I think I'll miss door bins. Oh and, yeah, that price tag, YIKES! I feel like I've looked at everything else out there and nothing has what I really want: stainless interior, glass shelves, 2 crisper drawers, meet/cheese drawer and freezer drawers, as well as shelves ... All of which, minus the stainless interior, I have now. I don't want a dispenser or in-door ice maker (far prefer the drawer bin) in the freezer section and I want as much interior space as possible.

Am I missing a brand, model that I should be looking at? My husband wants to go with a standard SZ (we had very good service from Wolf-SZ when we had problems with our ovens, which sold him on the brand), since they're pricey, but less so when compared to the Pro48. I just really don't like the interior configuration and, at that price point, it feels like I should love it. Not wedded to any brand name, but want stainless, not paneled, exterior. Also, would love it to be more reliable than the Jenn Air we're finally giving up on.

Thanks for any advice you can offer, including just bite the bullet and buy the Pro48.

Comment (1)