SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

How concerned should we be about transmission issue

arkansas girl
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We recently purchased a Saturn SC2 2002 with just over 100,000 miles on it, automatic transmission. We test drove it and bought it, it was running great. After we had it for a couple weeks, the weather got real cold and we noticed that when you first take off, the change of gears from first to second is jerking as in the change in gear is one jerk. Also noticed that when it is in first gear, you can feel it runs kind of sluggish. After you drive for about two minutes, those problems vanish. I have told my mechanic about it and he didn't seem concerned and suggested a transmission fluid drain and a new filter. Our worst fear is we bought a lemon. Does this sound like the transmission is fixing to go out?

I wanted to add that the car has been to the mechanic for some unrelated issues after me purchased it and we had the mechanic do an inspection of the car checking the fluids and belts etc. So the transmission fluid was properly filled. We did check it ourselves and we found it to be at a proper level also. Didn't notice any weird smell or color of fluid.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH