SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomig

Drooping peace lilies /:

Tomi G
8 years ago

Ok so I posted this in the wrong category X: sorry guys! I don't know how to delete previous post.

Hello, I have two peace lilys that I had gotten from a funeral. I have had them since October, one of which I have always had drooping issues the second not until a few days ago.

Ok so the first guy I repotted soon after getting because the roots were bursting from the bottom, I moved it to a clay pot, about(maybe a bit more) of a step up from what it was. As I said he had been drooping from the beginning. So I just made sure he was nice and watered.

The second one I repotted a few days ago because oh boy it was time the roots were molded to the pot. When I repotted I loosed the roots up and sprayed what dirt I could out because I had a gnat problem (also my indoor plants were moved outside because of the gnats) the roots looked completely fine they were all very healthy looking. At the time I even considered moving them to just water but the little bit I read told me it probably wouldn't be wise. After searching around here I've learned I can do it but I'll need to go and find the proper materials.

Anyhoo since repotting number two both of them have been looking so sad and lifeless. I assume part of the problem is moving them outside, they are in a nicely shaded area that stays shady (but bright) all day. I move them to the garage at night since its a bit chilly. The are still the same color as before just drooping. I have also changed the soil in the first lily, loosening the roots and spraying them out to give it fresh dirt, same pot, also these roots were the same looking healthy as ever.

Over all I decided to try out a new soil. Before I used MG moisture control which probably didn't help with the gnats. The new soil is slightly barky, you can see how it has wood finely ground almost like sawdust in it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional