SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jottle

Slowing wilting/dying dracaena. Please help

jottle
8 years ago

Posting this in its own thread to get better exposure.
About a year ago, the leaves on the stalks of my dracaena started to develop these yellowish spots that turn into yellow streaks and then die. The leaves with this yellowing are dying from the tips downward as the yellow areas become dead. The black tips are occurring in the other stalks as well, but at a very very slow rate. I don't think this is a disease since I've been watering sparingly. The plant had been thriving in the same spot by the window for almost a year now with regular, spare, watering and fertilizing. I haven't moved the plant since it gets good light. I've been following the advice given to me here for the last year to not over-water the plant. Unfortunately, the poor plant is still slowly dying off. Here are some updated pictures. I can confirm now that this is definitely not an issue with too much watering. I'm at a total loss as to what to do besides repotting yet again. About 20% of the leaves on all of the branches are now showing yellowing and then more pronounced dying that is evident in the attached photos. Anyone care to hazard a guess at this point? Could it be chlorine or fluoride in my water? At one point I tried distilled water, but only for a short period. The plant is not dying quickly, but it's definitely struggling as it has taken 7 months to get to this point. But it is definitely not improving no matter what interventions I've introduced (repotted once, watered much much less, fertilized).

Comments (15)