SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

Question on kitchen plan...are doors too big?

kelleg69
8 years ago

I have posted a bit about our new kitchen. I will be working with cabinet company this week to finalize our plan and order cabinets (local company who makes them on site). The cabinets will be inset and the uppers will be 15 inches deep. I am pretty set on the floor plan, but I have a question about the uppers on either side of the range hood. My husband loves glass cabinets. A pair of glass front cabinets (with mullions) will go on either side of the hood. But, they are huge! 43.75 wide each. I know there is a 2 inch stile, etc., but this still seems too big. I think I want to ask to make them smaller and have one solid cabinet door on side of both sets (the side farther away from hood). Part of this is because everything in the glass cabs has to be pretty, so they aren't as practical and part is because I think those doors will look weird. Finally, on the other side of the L, there is another set of 40 inch doors. I think these should turn into three smaller doors (a pair and a single). Thoughts?? Here is an overview of the plan. One more thing--the lowers aren't the same because we are going to have pullouts on either side of the range top. So, the lowers are more like 30 inch cabinets. A more normal size, in my opinion.

Comments (7)