SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_315621

Help me design my attic office!

Amanda Goldstein
8 years ago

Hi everyone,

Our entire second floor of our new house (built in 1929) is a converted attic. It's quite large, and all of the rooms have lovely slanted ceilings. I'm using a smaller room as an office, and could use some help designing the room! Pictures in it's current state are below:

Things I want to do and could use your help on:

• I think wallpaper on the entire wall of the window would be really pretty
  • The desk lamp is currently the only light in the room - would like to add a pendant lamp / small chandelier.

Would love to hear any other ideas you have to make this room work! I'd like to keep the desk and the dresser if possible, and the computer stays. Ideally the desk and the computer will stay where they are, as the computer is mounted on the wall.

I don't really have a budget for this room - I can spend a few thousand if it's really fantastic.

Let me know if you have questions or need different pictures, and thank you in advance for your help!

Comments (60)

• MarleneM
    8 years ago
    I think the floral one is my favourite, like a field of wild flowers.
    Would you prefer something multi colour?
    Here are a couple I found:
  • shiningautumn888
    8 years ago
    Amanda I love the 3rd wallpaper you posted. Your room reminds me so much of a room featured on the Coco Kelley blog (for a One Room Makeover) -- she created a dressing room but I think this is the look you are after and the room shape is so similar. She did one wall papered. If you did the same plus added a cool desk and chair, an overdyed rug, and some fun art and lighting it would look great.
    Amanda Goldstein thanked shiningautumn888
  • Related Discussions

Help me design office/play area

Q

Comments (1)
    I've seen a desk that folds into the wall like a Murphy bed does. That type desk would protect your things and be closed up when the kids were in there.
    ...See More

Designing a Home Office – Help Me Get it Right the 1st Time

Q

Comments (7)
    it will be more of a full-time office, but he travels a lot & visits clients frequently working out of their office What I like about Beverly's last suggestion with the worktop extended along the wall is that also gives your husband more storage for things like files, etc. Without something like that, will he have enough storage in the room? Otherwise I would strongly consider a credenza for storing files, under the TV, rather than a media console. For curtains, given your color preferences, these would be nice, https://www.potterybarn.com/products/haylie-print-drape/?pkey=ccurtains-drapes&isx=0.0.6515 I would also re-hang the curtain rods above the casing and extend them several inches beyond the casing for "stack back". If you opt to buy a rug from PB, exercise caution because historically they've had problems with rugs that smell (generally a "burned latex" odor). Make sure you get a *woven* rug, rather than a tufted rug, esp tufted rugs from India. There's a long thread here somewhere, and also this, https://rugchick.com/pottery-barn-rugs-to-run-from/
    ...See More

Help design waiting room for my new office

Q

Comments (1)
    Desk on opposite side from fireplace near door for easy access. Maybe go furniture shopping to help decide on style and size of pieces. There are design programs on line and you can enter room‘s dimensions, doorways and windows, etc. That will help you figure out the best configurations Set up below but couch at window and four chairs facing each other might work? Adding art and nice lighting.
    ...See More

please help me make my office adorable

Q

Comments (6)
    Hello Janet! Glad you are well and blessed. I am not a pro but I would love to help with this office! I agree with remodeling1840 to not paint furniture yet. I like the room's feel of vintage glam, retro? Are you keeping the wall color? I would not mind more pics of the other side of the room. Something about the desk area needs to change and be more functional. Does this desk work for you? More storage can be in closet shelves or in a dresser drawer. Off the top of my head: desk in front of the window with a new window treatment, dresser across from the bed. Relocate or get rid of all small tables and stools. Get new desk hardware in maybe oil rubbed bronze or black. Keep us posted! This will be fun.
    ...See More
  • Martha Carlton
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Amanda, the gold wallpaper is perfect and you'll be able to use your lamp in the room. What do you think of an animal print rug? Cheetah, zebra, or giraffe?

• havingfun
    8 years ago

Just a few of the many removables. Spoonflower is a great source for artist designed too.

Birch Tree Peel And Stick Wallpaper · More Info

blue and gold.

Peel and Stick Wallpaper - No Glue, No Residue, No Mess! · More Info

removable wallpaper blue – Etsy · More Info

Removable Wallpaper-Leaf Lattice-Peel & Stick Self Adhesive, 24x96 · More Info
    And this is a wall mural, i have many in my idea book, an aged bridge another forest, a space ship interior. I love it. imagine a window looking out from this!
    Woodland Photo Wallpaper · More Info

• Martha Carlton
    8 years ago

Here is an idea for an animal print rug to use with the gold wallpaper.

• Martha Carlton
    8 years ago

You could tone down the furniture by painting it greige. Gold wallpaper, greige furniture, creamy painted walls, animal print rug and pink or turquoise accents!

• purrmichigan
    8 years ago

I'd paper the window wall. Remove the blinds. Put in soft, full drapes that are tied back halfway down. For wallpaper, I'd look for something historic to match the house's age. A very small print so that it almost looks like a solid from a distance, when you squint. I'd remove everything from the room. Paint the walls a light color, something that coordinates with the curtains and wallpaper. It is hard to see the dresser, is it something interesting with good curves that can look historic? The side wall opposite the dresser would be perfect for a day bed. Which is nice in an office. I'd like to see a different door to the office, one that didnt take up visual space.

Fotoarbeiten Reetdachhaus in List auf Sylt · More Info

Farmhouse Bedroom · More Info

East Bay Remodel · More Info

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Do people not like the office french doors?? They're one of my favorite things about the space.

A daybed will not fit in the space - there isn't really wall space opposite the dresser. I've attached more pictures to try to show you all of the angles of the room. We really don't need any kind of extra sleeping / bed element in my office - we have plenty of space. (My husband and I are newlyweds with no children yet, and our house is 3200 square feet with 5 bedrooms plus a library, sunroom, dining room, breakfast room, keeping room off the kitchen, and den. We're good on space, and do not need this room to serve dual functions.)

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Also, here's a better picture of the dresser (which is an antique that I repainted and wallpapered the outside of the drawers), a closeup of the patterned wallpaper on the drawers, and a picture of the desk that will be staying in the space. I'm open to repainting the desk.

• Martha Carlton
    8 years ago

I love your French doors and your window.

• Martha Carlton
    8 years ago

Ignore the red Cheetah print rug, French doors, painted furniture

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    8 years ago

add an original wall art will enhance the look...for more artwork check my shop too...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooArtGallery?ref=profile_shopname

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What do you think of this one? It reminds me of the ones that MarleneM listed above, and also reminds me of the second inspiration wallpaper pic I listed earlier.

• Olga Kramar
    8 years ago
    That desk area is bottom-heavy. A substantial piece of art over that desk would give you a focal point and balance. You could use the art as the starting point for colors in the rest of the room.
    Amanda Goldstein thanked Olga Kramar
  • luvbeautifulthings
    8 years ago

Grasscloth wallpaper! I'm sorry I have no pictures to share. But grasscloth is so warm in every picture I've ever seen.

• PRO
    Joyful Home Interiors
    8 years ago

Amanda: You could have a lot of fun with Anthropologie's Lepidoptera wallpaper (Cole & Son's, really). It comes in 4 colorways; I'd use Carbon, with a warm white paint on the ceiling and for the window trim and some dark grey floor tiles from Flor. Ideally, you'd place the desk facing the window -- I'd find a glass-topped desk or even a dining table (Williams-Sonoma Home's La Couple, with iron legs and either a white marble or glass top would be beautiful and reflect the sunlight). Built-in storage as suggested above would help to use that space under the eaves. Recessed lighting would warm the space at night without dipping into your headroom!

• lagunabja
    8 years ago

You have a lovely office. I would recommend you go find the wallpaper you want for that wall....that should be your jumping off point for the rest of the room. Pull any wall paint colors, rug, etc. from that.

Your french doors are beautiful; can't imagine why people are suggesting you change those out.

You could consider filling that nook (close to dresser) by placing dresser back in there diagonally to fill up the space....that will allow your wallpaper to take center stage and serve as focal point on that window wall. You might find you want to repaint your dresser if the current color competes or doesn't complement your new wallpaper.

I wouldn't recommend drapery...it will overtake the space and compete with the beautiful wallpaper you choose.

I think a chandelier would be beautiful as well and further compliment the high ceiling in your room.

Your desk is absolutely charming. A larger, antique framed type of bulletin board will look fantastic above (or lengthwise on the left-hand side) of your desk.

Looks like you need some additional shelving and you might want to add in a couple of stacked open wall-mounted shelves off to the right hand side of your desk.

A rug would cozy up the space if you want it, but I would wait on that decision until you get the wallpaper and other elements completed.

Looks great so far...I'm sure it will be fantastic when you finish!

Amanda Goldstein thanked lagunabja
  • Lynn G
    8 years ago

I like the french doors.

Replace the desk with something wood - natural or painted - it will just have greater warmth.

Get rid of the blinds - they are too stark. If curtains are needed (I don't always bother with window coverings - but they can help to keep things cooler if the sun is beating in) get some bold sort of print - probably something with a large design. Unless you are going forward with the wall paper, then find a solid to match/compliment, or perhaps a stripe: it's a neutral pathttp://www.houzz.com/large-scale-pattern-wallpapertern.
    https://www.etsy.com/search?q=large+scale+fabric

Have fun with it! It's an area that is separate from other areas - no need to worry about having a sense of flow from there to any other space.

• hollywaterfall
    8 years ago

I like the space and the french doors also. I think even though the room looks small with the slanted ceilings, that you need to go big and emphasize the space. You need a rug to anchor the space also. You may want to use the coloring from the lamp or the dresser and go with that. You said you can't move the computer mounted on the wall so you need to build around that first and then set the other furniture after to match your work style. What kind of things are you going to do in the space? It is just a computer room or more of an escape, or do you need it more functional for storage of work related things or tax/craft/odds and ends? What is your favorite color/pattern/style?

• PRO
    Loribeth Clark
    8 years ago

What a great room for an office! Lucky you! Wallpaper would be great on the window wall. You mentioned you like eclectic and you want to keep the dresser and desk. The desk and dresser have a bit of a French vibe, which is great with French doors.

Add a modern wallpaper like this. It is a nice feminine look, but unexpected, and would give you that eclectic feeling you want. Additionally, this open pattern would keep the room from feeling heavy.

Hydrangea, Gold, Roll · More Info

Do you love your desk chair? I think something like this would look better in your room. As an alternative, I have seen people who have had success painting their office chairs like the one you have.

Banquete Desk Chair, White Upholstery · More Info

Add a turquoise rug with touches of gold in it. Make sure it's a low pile rug so your chair will still roll over it easily.

Fairfield Area Rug, Rectangle, Turquoise-Ivory, 5'x7'6" · More Info

Have a ceiling light installed.

Hinkley Zelda 3-Light Vintage Brass Foyer Hall Semi-Flush Mount · More Info

And some adjustable wall sconces.

George Kovacs George??s Reading Room 1 Light LED Pharmacy Wall Lamp, Honey Gold · More Info

I selected gold finishes, because I noticed the lampshade you selected for your desk lamp. I selected the turquoise, because you painted your dresser that color, so you obviously like that color. You also mentioned that you like golds and yellows, which is why I selected a wall paper that is yellow/gold.

I think your desk would look good the way it is, but if you wanted to up the eclectic look, you could paint it turquoise to coordinate with your dresser.

Amanda Goldstein thanked Loribeth Clark
  • cindy721smith
    8 years ago

Loribeth has the perfect Hydrangea wallpaper in mind for your window wall. How about removing the blinds from the window and replacing them with a raise up/pull down solar shade to give the window a chance to work with the beautiful wallpaper. Paint the rest of your space to match the background of the wallpaper with a clean decorators white for all the trim. Then if you don't mind, paint the cute antique dresser the same color as the walls or something close to the color of your beautiful desk (give the dresser a top coat of an antique wax) and replace the drawer knobs with glass knobs with a gold center to them. I would replace the hardware on the desk with glass drawer pulls that are accented with gold as well. Please keep the beautiful French doors. Just for the fun of it paint them white to match the walls but around each glass paint the frame of them gold and give the doors the antique wax top coat. The addition of storage (a tower open book case placed on its side) tucked under the angled ceiling and wall on the left of the room with baskets in each opening. A cute gold tag could be placed on each basket as a label of what each one holds. The adjustable wall sconces Loribeth is showing would work well on the left and right walls of the storage book case. I see a closet on the immediate left as you enter the room. How about removing the door and apply your wallpaper to the back wall of it. If the space allows, place your file cabinet in there (maybe a second file cabinet as well if two will fit in there) paint the cabinet gold and replace the handles with the same as on the desk. Fit a board across the top of the file cabinet and install a couple more shelves painted the wall color. I would then add a cute little bling ceiling light fixture above. The shelves above the file cabinet could be glass instead of wood so the light can shine thru. The shelves can then hold some things you enjoy. Now the door that has been removed can be hung horizontally on the wall to the right and used as a inspiration board. One or two of the panels could be painted a chalkboard paint and remove the others and replace them with a cute striped fabric covered corked message board. Then how about moving your desk so it faces the window wall leaving the right end of it up against the wall. Then how about a small stuffed chair to be placed in the corner on the other side of the desk for someone else to sit in. An upholstered desk chair would work better. Why not have it be a soft teal color. A soft colored, simple area rug would be nice to add warmth to the space and give a cozy feel to the space. Last, a couple of plants will finish the space with something living. Succculent plants are wonderful. They come in so many soft colors and textures. Hope this helps. Have fun and congratulations on the new home.

• purrmichigan
    8 years ago

an idea of draperies that are evocative of the 1920s.

• sonomakim
    8 years ago

Hi Amanda,

Just thought I would add my two cents worth, however you have been given so much to think about thus far. I love, love, love the french doors! They have so much character; don't even consider taking them out. I have noticed there is much conversation about wallpaper, which I personally love and it is coming back into vogue, however you also mentioned a rug. I have always been told the rug is the foundation for the room, so if you find a rug you love, start from there. There are literally thousands of wallpapers and upholstery fabrics you can co-ordinate once you have the rug, but a little trickier the other way around. I happen to love hand knotted oriental rugs, which can be quite expensive, but often people who are changing up their decor put beautiful rugs up for sale on sites like Craigslist, Chairish, and home consignment stores. Of course Pottery Barn has a nice selection of reasonably priced new rugs, but they are hand tufted, not hand knotted. I'd put my money in a beautiful rug and build from there. Of course, you can select the rug and wallpaper simultaneously, and know they go together before you buy, if you are purchasing a new rug. I do like the suggestions and colors of the post by Loribeth.

I also noticed there is a paneled door on the left hand side, behind the open french door. Is this a closet the runs along the length of that back interior wall? Do you need the closet space? The reason I am asking is because I have a cabin that has an upstairs bedroom with the exact same configuration. The peak of the roof is exactly over the center of the window. The closet is (was) in the same location as in your room, but much of the space was unusable because of the slanted roof line. We didn't really need the closet because it is a weekend home and I mentioned to my husband that if he removed the wall it would really open up the room. We took the closet wall out and the room almost seemed to double in size. I was able to re-position the bed, move around furniture and add another dresser just by eliminating that closet. Maybe you do not want to get into any construction work, which is understandable, and just keep it simple by re-decorating, but I thought I would just throw that out there for you to consider as you move forward. If you were to remove the closet wall, then you have many more options for arranging the furniture, which would be another chapter! Your house sounds lovely, by the way.

• laurkade
    8 years ago
    I especially like the suggestions of Loribeth and Martha. However, if you are wanting to keep the desk you have now, I would buy a glass top to go over it and extend the top. The top is too small to accommodate everything on it. I really like the third wall paper you posted. If you you go with that wall paper, I would paint the desk and dresser the dark blue in the wall paper. You might place a longer piece of painted wood on top to accommodate TV and tray for drinks. Sheers for window.
    Art work for over desk. Book case or lateral file cabinet for wall opposite dresser. Move bulletin board over book case or file. Put clock over bulletin board. Might consider consider new lamp white on white for desk. Could consider pendant lights or dome light or recessed lights for room. I would , also, consider putting small chair in room for husband to sit.
  • sputnik2016
    8 years ago

Wallpaper... I would make sure it's light in pattern, something with your favorite color. If you will be looking at a computer most of the time, I would think something easy on the eye for wallpaper. Paint the woodwork a color in the wallpaper. The area by the closet, I would consider built ins, for filing, office supplies etc. or you could put a small table and some nice chairs for guest or lunch. If the room is noisy, like with echoes, I would drape each side of the windows to help absorb the sound and add some contrast to the room. Use the same material for the seats, or like the same. I would definitely keep the desk in the same place, no one can walk up on you, the sun will not be in your computer screen. If you are using a chair with rollers, you may want to consider painting rugs on the floor, should not be that difficult. A few tall plants, again to help absorb sound and help calm. I used an old door, added legs a couple of painted saw horses for a really neat desk, plenty of room there for that. Good luck with the room, please so us some before and afters.

• PRO
    Jimmy's Art Work
    8 years ago

Here are some additional options for wall art. Please check out more art work, some originals are available.

http://www.houzz.com/projects/1520302/wall-art

http://2-jimmy-clark.pixels.com/shop?sort=featured

• ptmatthews
    8 years ago

I'd consider papering (or stenciling) the ceiling as well as all the walls.

• careclare39
    8 years ago

My two cents...love the built ins on Martha's post of Jan 29...nice use of normally useless space for shelves. Area rug is a must...would be charming with desk. Keep the blinds (so practical!). If you want to soften room, hang grommet style drapes, light color or major color of wallpaper, ceiling to floor to emphasize height, which really fold up nicely when open to soften blinds and room with out blocking light. When you find a rug or wallpaper that you love, it will guide you in color and style...your "inspiration" piece. (I so hate wallpaper...such a pain to remove. Any chance you might like to stencil a wall in paint? Then, when you are tired of it, just repaint!) I recommend looking for a vintage style chair that is comfy for working. Simple fix on dresser...change the handles in line with desk. Love someone's idea of glass desk top for expanding the work space. Hide the file cab on the window side of the desk until you can replace (top with a lovely tall flower/ornamental arrangement that draws the eye in at the door). If furniture is in your budget, I'd like to see some club chairs (French country?) nestled under the slanted ceiling footed on the rug you are gonna buy. There are some chairs out there that have smaller footprint than others. "Bulletin board" idea is terrific and practical...vintage style frame, as already suggested, DIY...use fabric similar to wallpaper to cover a padded bulletin board, criss cross with coordinating ribbon...would almost serve as art, or around an art piece on the desk wall. Inexpensively, looks like a great space for some "vintage" posters, maybe in frames. That's eclectic. Good luck!

Amanda Goldstein thanked careclare39
  • careclare39
    8 years ago

Oh, yeah. And be careful with greige in the small space unless you have a lot of white/cream. I know it is popular now, but could be less cheerful that another choice. Love the current French doors. Oh, and a lamp between club chairs will add soft lighting in addition to task lighting on desk, and light up that side of the room.

• Kendrah
    8 years ago

This space is so small and angular that you either need to go all out or nothing at all. I really don't think an accent wall is appropriate here. I would wall paper the entire room or not wallpaper any of it. An accent wall just butchers up even more a room that is already cut up into a lot of pieces.

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm still going back and forth on which wallpaper I want to do, and am waiting to figure out a rug until I have that decided.

In the meantime, we are adding a light fixture to the room since the only light available to the room currently is from the small desk lamp. I ordered the Clarissa Crystal Drop Chandelier from Pottery Barn.

• MarleneM
    8 years ago
    Amanda, I noticed this wallpaper on zulily.com today, and with the little blue dresser it reminded me of your space.
    Like the light fixture!
  • Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

That one is pretty MarleneM - I decided today that I'm going to go ahead and go with the floral one I posted earlier in the thread. Just ordered it!

• purrmichigan
    8 years ago

That delicate yet very interesting and brings so many muted shades into your space Hope to see photos when it's up.

• MarleneM
    8 years ago
    I really liked that one too Ashley. It will add colour but with the white background it still light
  • PRO
    NewWall
    8 years ago

Hi, Amanda!

How do you like these wallpaper designs:

(You can order these wallpaper samples, free shipping - to really see and feel the quality of the product in person)

Metal Coated Cork Wallpaper available at NewWall · More Info

http://www.newwall.com/product-category/marimekko-collection/marimekko-i/lumimarja/

Lumimarja Wallpaper available at NewWall · More Info

http://www.newwall.com/product-category/jv-collection/477-seta-silk-collection/florrissima/

NewWall Installation: Florrissima Wallpaper · More Info

http://www.newwall.com/product-category/tres-tintas/tres-tintas-wallporter/tres-tintas-wallporter-vergel/

http://www.newwall.com/product-category/tres-tintas/tres-tintas-wallporter/tres-tintas-wallporter-perlas/

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile, but the wallpaper and chandelier are both up! I also added a small armchair, table, and lamp to the corner.

Next up: still need to replace my desk chair, find a rug, and I think I'd like to do some interesting wall art above my desk. Let me know if you have any ideas!

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Also - I love having a pouf by the armchair, but this pouf belongs in another room in my house. It's been temporarily relocated - need to find a permanent one for this space!

• hollywaterfall
    7 years ago

Love the chandelier! I also think the wallpaper goes nicely with your other colors but I feel like their is WAY too much yellow. I would repaint the wall behind the chair a soft cornflower blue (pull what matches out of the wallpaper). But it's not my room-you may love yellow. The shade works but flowy curtains would be better.

• MarleneM
    7 years ago
    That looks so charming, great job!
  • Cindy Smith
    7 years ago

Try spray painting the window treatment the color of the background of your pretty wallpaper. This will allow the eye to see the wallpaper and not focus just on the brown blinds. If you sew, the poof could be slipcovered in a fabric with texture.

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I think that picture made the room look much more yellow than it is since it was taken at night and the lightbulbs give off a yellowish hue. The walls are a light cream/ivory color. Here are pics I took this morning - the one of the corner the chair is in really shows the wall color most accurately. Lighting is just really weird in this room!

I don't think I want to paint right now - I'm pretty happy with the way the walls look, and with the lighting in the room. At this point, I really want to focus on furnishings.

CindySmith, the background color of the wallpaper is white. My husband and I were talking last night about replacing with white blinds, we agree that the wood doesn't work well in this space. I sew and knit so making my own pouf isn't out of the question, but the one currently in the space is not available to stay in this room.

Which do you guys think would be better - white blinds, or some kind of flowy, near-sheer white curtains?

• Cindy Smith
    7 years ago

Since it is your space I think soft white curtains would take the harsh edge off the window and better match the feminine wallpaper. IKEA has very affordable ones. Something to consider are their Teresia Sheer curtains, 1 pair, white, 57"x98" and they are only $8.99 for the pair. I know the panels are to long but with you enjoying sewing they could be so easily shortened. Also, it you could install just one panel for the window and find something to swag the curtain to one side if you ever desire to see the outdoors while working up there. Then you can unhook the curtain to fall straight to cover the window when you want privacy. The second panel could be used in the same way to replace the door of the closet you have to the left of the French Doors when entering the room. This will give the room a balance of softness in two opposite areas of the room. I plan to purchase these soon for a guest bedroom I will be remodeling this summer. You know, IKEA just might have a cute desk chair for you. Thank you for sharing your progress. I'm enjoying it. Have fun!

• MarleneM
    7 years ago
    Amanda, I think for the window a white sheer inside mount Roman shade would look very nice, and since you sew all the better to create something with a custom look.
    For the walls I suggested previously about a antique look frame turned into a memo board, and how about flanked with some sconces. Or you could do a gallery of smaller antique mirrors.
    Here is an office photo from here on houzz, and it just reminded me a lot of your space, that I thought I would share.
    Villa del Sur · More Info
  • Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I do like the idea of an antique looking frame turned into a memo board, and was just looking at a few products similar to this:

http://www.pbteen.com/products/scallop-statement-pinboard-linen-ground-gold-frame/?pkey=ccalendars-pinboards&&ccalendars-pinboards

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2710841&categoryId=search

Also, because I am a knitter and seem to be already using this room for knitting a lot, I thought it would be fun to potentially do some knitting decor - I really like the idea of the knit swatches in embroidery hoops like they did here: http://www.thesweatshopoflove.com/blog/2013/11/08/swatch-swap-success/

It sounds like some kind of white curtains might be the way to go other than blinds - I'll look to see what I can find!

• hollywaterfall
    7 years ago

Ahh yes, the lighting did make it look much more yellow than it actually is. I also like the idea of the scalloped pinboard.

• Amanda Goldstein
    Original Author
    7 years ago

puremichigan60 I like that idea. It's actually not a plant stand - that's the martini end table from restoration hardware - but I was thinking about a small houseplant for the desk. I also like the idea of slate blue in a pillow - I'll look for some!

• PRO
    Furnishr
    7 years ago

I know a lot of people like to have their own office space at home. I feel that your office should feel comfortable to work in. First off, I would get rid of the rolling chair and add a more modern chair. The desk should be big and spacious for your work. Any table desk is good to purchase. Also, maybe adding a bookshelf to keep organized of your work. I'd also say, that maybe adding a few colored decorations will help your office look more lively.

• PRO
    Scott-Systems
    6 years ago

Float-Frame by Scott-Systems · More Info
    This closet office space was created utilizing Float-Frame brackets by Scott-Systems, a Veteran Owned company. Our products are USA Made & Manufactured, EZ Installation, and offer significant strength!
    Float-Frame by Scott-Systems · More Info