SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sp4rky

Need advice on going to SS Wedding

sp4rky
8 years ago

Married to DH for 4 years, he was divorced a long time ago -- ex was in a relationship for 18years that ended last year. Also 4 years ago, SS1 got married. My DH and the Ex said they would contribute. She had no money so we (DH and I) paid her half. She said she would pay it back. 4 years on SS2 is getting married... i reminded DH that we could use the money Ex still had to give to SS2 who is getting married in Australia. He calls the ex (now has lots of money from House sale, other property) and she avoids his calls, got angry when he sent her his bank account details and said "It's irrelevant who pays, and I paid more than you so I am deducting that half, and don't forget they are your children we should be celebrating with love and kindness our two boys and not treating this like a business meeting". She doesn't want to give the money over, so DH said to send it straight to Bio-Son. She may - and if she does, she will take the credit for it.
No rules were set when the family broke up -- she promised him she would be at everyone of his family's events and she is -- front row all the time, staying in his sisters house while we have to book a motel!! I am regretting saying we'll go to the wedding -- half way round the world ... she is travelling with Brides Mum as they are friends - I have never met her. I am dreading the falseness of it all -- she won't ignore me - worse - she'll try and be 'friendly" with smarm and make it look like I am the one with the issue. Thing is.... she sets my DH up to fail with his kids . I want to write to SS and tell him the facts of what happened this week. He does love his Dad and has said he ended up on the other side of the world to get away from his Mum, Should I write?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath