SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

Show me open concept with an island between kitchen and living areas

rebeccamomof123
8 years ago

I did my kitchen nearly 4 years ago with tons of input from all you amazing TKO webbers! Now, a friend has turned to me for help, since my kitchen was a great success story. She has 5 young children and does not have the time or interest in going kitchen crazy, but needs to remodel due to ice damn damage so now is the time to open her kitchen. Her main priority is to create an island that will seat 5-7 while also adding more storage/drawers. Everything else in her kitchen will remain in tact, including her appliances, backsplash and cabinetry, which she'll paint white.

Currently, her kitchen is 11 feet wide, but she's removing the wall that separates her kitchen and living area, so she has the room to include a much larger island that will visually separate the kitchen and living space, ideally with seating around two or three sides. She would also like to include a banquette in the corner of her kitchen for additional table seating.

If you have or can find any have pictures to share with a similar layout, it would greatly help her see the vision and potential for her space. Thanks!

Comments (15)