SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20575877

Can I make this a bonsai? If so, how?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

First off, hello bonsai forum! I'm new to this section, and I'm hoping to get some tips to you more experienced bonsai growers!

So basically a friend of mine planted some clementine seeds just for the hell of it and, what do you know, they sprouted. When we graduated college and moved apart, she gave them to me and now I'm stuck with these tiny saplings and have no idea what to do with them.

One of my professors at college was all about bonsai and he seemed to think you could bonsai pretty much anything, so I thought, why not try to bonsai the clementines? I'm not gonna have room for them when they get big so... what if I kept them tiny?

Of course I have NO idea if this is even possible, and if it is, how to start it. Am I even using the word "bonsai" correctly?

Here's a picture of the plants:

They're together in a pot, the one is significantly shorter than the other. I want to separate them once the weather gets nice regardless of whether or not I can bonsai them.

So is it possible? Or am I misinterpreting what a bonsai is? If it is possible, does anyone have tips on what I should do with these guys?

Any advice or information would be very much appreciated! Like I said, I'm new to this. I'm pretty good with other plants but this kind of stuff is a new realm for me that I'd love to learn about.

Comments (7)

Sponsored